My eyes were on Zayn, watching him as he rose to his full height, sucked in a sharp breath, then exhaled slowly before turning to me.

Our eyes clashed, and my breath hitched. His eyes were golden. Beautiful, alluring gold. His black, wavy hair scattered in all directions like he had been tugging on it. Instant relief washed over my body as I felt myself getting lighter and more alive, like the fog within my head was dissipating. It felt like I could finally breathe again after several days of drowning.

"Ada," he called before leaning in close to me, his breath fanning my face.

"Hm?" I hummed, enjoying the crazy feeling running through me.

"I missed you," he lightly brushed my cheeks, causing me to lean further into him.

I missed him, too. It feels like I haven't seen him in forever since he...left. He left. That's right, he disappeared on me without a word. I'm supposed to be mad at him right now, not drooling over him like the damn simp I was.

I felt the anger that had been bubbling up in me finally reach its brim. And before I knew it, I was smacking Zayn's hands away.

His eyes rounded in surprise, and so did mine. But I caught myself before I could regret it.

"You claim that you missed me, and yet you disappeared on me without so much as a word of goodbye or I'll be back?!" I snarled.

I could hear Addy chant a low, "Yeah, you tell him, girl!"

Zayn looked like he was about to say something, but I wasn't done yet. "Then you waltz in back here to call me yours?" I yelled, sounding louder than I had meant to.

"Adalia, calm down, let's let him explain..." I heard Donna start to say, but I waved her off.

"No need. If he cared this much, he should've left an explanation from the start." I chuckled dryly before hopping off from my seat.

"Adalia wait," Addy said, but I ignored her as I began to walk away.

"Where are you going?" Zayn's cool voice called over this time, and like always it froze me to my spot.

"Walking back to the house and away from you, duh," I answered dryly and resumed my steps.

When I was a good distance from them, I started to feel the panic kick in. Mother of all creations, why did I do that?! Wasn't the whole point of me being here so that I could see Zayn? But here I am, just walking away from him. But should I have ignored the emotional hurt he caused me and just accepted him like that?

I was still racking myself with panic-stricken questions and almost out of the festival site when I felt my view tip upside down and my body hoisted into the air.

"Ahh!!" I shrieked in surprise. "What the hell!" I yelped, finding myself getting thrown over Zayn's shoulder.

"I don't care if you're mad at me, but I'd be dammed if I let you walk home alone in the dark."

"Zayn put me down." I kicked my feet in protest.

"No love I won't," he said adamantly as his hand tightened around my waist, causing goosebumps to prickle my skin.

Ah, there it was, his sweet scent. Because of our proximity, his scent was hitting me in waves. It was gradually becoming overwhelming, killing my will slowly.

"Zayn..." I grunted.

"Yes, love."

"Put me down," I demanded. However, it wasn't as resilient.

"No love," his voice was soft.

I groaned and gritted my teeth. I was supposed to be mad at him, yet right now my body and heart were screaming for him.