Chapter 3

The next day, Carlisle was walking towards Quinn's room.

"Hello Quinn." He greeted, walking into the room.

She made the slightest movement of barely acknowledging him.

"Quinn?" Carlisle questioned. "Are you alright?"

"Hmm?" Quinn said. She looked really out of it.

Carlisle looked around and noticed an IV in her arm. He sighed. Being this out of it wasn't going to help her.

"I'll be right back, Quinn." Carlisle said before leaving the room.

Quinn just nodded.

Carlisle headed to the psych ward. He knocked on an office door and waited for the person to reply before walking in.

"Hey Carlisle." Erin said. "What's up?"

"Did you give Quinn something?" Carlisle asked.

"I gave her something to calm her down and help her sleep last night." Erin answered.

"Well, whatever it was made her really out of it this morning to point that she was barely able to notice I was in the room." Carlisle said.

"Sorry, Carlisle." Erin said. "She was quite agitated last night and was becoming violent over the fact that you weren't around. We were simply trying to calm her down."

"Do I have your permission to wean her off it?" Carlisle asked.

"That's fine." Erin said.

"Well aside from that, I wanted to discuss something with you." Carlisle said.

"What?" Erin asked.

"I wanted to talk you about Quinn being discharged." Carlisle replied.

"Carlisle, this is the fourth time she's been in a hospital from an attempted suicide." Erin said. "You want to discharge her just for her to do it again?"

"Of course not. My wife and I are going to foster her and psych may not be my area of expertise, but I certainly know enough to be able to her." Carlisle said. "Being in a regular home will be more beneficial for her than staying here or being sent to a psychiatric facility. I already discussed it with the social worker. I just wanted to discuss it with you as well since you're on her case too."

"That's fine." Erin said. "If you think you can help her, I don't have an issue with it. But, we might want to discuss putting her on medication before she leaves."

"Can I see what I can do to help her without medication first?" Carlisle asked. "She's never really had any real help or anyone to really care for her before now. I want to what I can do to help her without any medication first."

"Alright." Erin said.

Carlisle nodded. He headed back to Quinn's room. He weaned her off the drugs she was on. After a few minutes, she looked more alert.

"Feeling better?" Carlisle asked.

"Yeah." Quinn replied.

"Good." Carlisle said. "Hungry?"

"Not really." Quinn answered.

"Quinn, you need to eat something." Carlisle said. "You've barely eaten anything since you've been here."

"I said I'm not hungry!" Quinn said.

"Okay. Well, at least have something to drink." Carlisle said as he set some orange juice on the table next to her.

Quinn rolled her eyes. "When can I leave?" She asked.

"Actually, I wanted to talk to you about that." Carlisle said. "My wife and I are foster parents and we would like to foster you, if you want."