Eight

"My story? God where to begin..." she giggled nervously. Johnny took a sip of coffee. "We don't have to talk if you don't want to..." he gently tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear. "No it's only fair you know about me.." she took a sip from her mug. They moved closer to two loungers that were under a straw umbrella and sat down on one beside one another.

"I umm am an only child, I never knew my father, and by the sounds of the real story, my mum didn't know much about him either. They had a fling, and I was the result. She jumped from job to job, and thank god my grandparents were who they were because it meant I was taken care of and never suffered like maybe somebody in my position could have done." She stopped and looked up at Johnny who was listening intently and had a soft smile on his face. "You were close?" He asked. "Very. My Grandpa suffered with Dementia. It killed me to see him suffer, he passed 10 years ago, in a hospice after not knowing who we were for 3 years prior. It could have been worse but Nanna went shortly after. She died of a broken heart." Georgie said softly. "They were my whole life and I was their world, my mum was their only daughter so I was their only chance of having a grandchild and man did they spoil me." She said chuckling. "You said who they were? Did you mean that they were recognisable?" "Oh, ummm, my grandparents were blue blood." "Blue blood?" Johnny's eyebrows raised. "Yeah... people of society you know?" Georgie said embarrassed. "Umm wow... so like..." "They were nobility. They held a title." She said playing with her hands. "Wow.. so like an Earl?" "No as in like a Lord... like Charlie Mortdecai." Georgie said biting her lip and blushing.

"So there's me calling you my little groupie, and you're actually some posh relation to the royal family." "Not quite.. I'm 92..." "92?!" Johnny questioned. "Yes 92nd in line to the throne. That means 91 people would have to die for me to be considered royal." Georgie said blushing profusely. "Woahhh. Your nibs." Johnny stood and elaborately bowed. "Stop that... anyway. They paid for my education, they bought me up properly so to speak. Grandmother was insistent I became a young lady of society. My debutant ball was cancelled as Grandfather was taken seriously poorly by then. So luckily I never got launched.." "launched like a ship?" Johnny smirked. "Hang on... you said your aunt, she knew Gina." "Yeah.. she's not really my aunt. She's my mum's best friend, mum and her went to school together and have been friends forever, practically sisters. When mum ran away from home after finding out she was pregnant she moved in with her and her family. It's easier to just call her my aunt and nobody questions it anyway." "Wow." Johnny said playing with his hands. "So what now?!" "How do you mean?" "Well your future? Surely you should be married to some bachelor or Lord, not on a tropical island with me?" "Oh umm well grandfather never trusted Mum. He knew she wasn't cut for society, hell even I'm not but I know when and how to behave, she just rebelled horribly. He cut her out... and I'm in charge." "In charge?" Johnny asked with a smirk. "Yep... I mean she has the grand title for appearances sake but I hold the power behind closed doors. The running of the household, the paperwork and legalities all come through me." "Wow.. so that's why you appear older than your 30 years." "I guess so." Georgie said biting her lip. "I hope it doesn't change anything." "Why would it?" "Well every guy who's ever found out about it assumed he would inherit some big castle and a title to go with it. It's not like that. Don't get me wrong one day it will all be mine, but I don't need a man for that." "Georgie, I'm not like that, you are who you are, and what you've been through and what you do, makes you, well you." Johnny said sincerely. "Makes a change meeting a woman who's not after my fortune or fame though." "Johnny even if I lived on the streets I wouldn't take a penny from you." "I know... you're an Angel." "Hardly.." "Well I think you are." He said sweetly. "I'm assuming the ex was one of those who thought he would become the Lord of the manor?" "Oh yes.. he often wanted me to spend the money, and give some to him, I never did. I lied and told him it was all tied up." "Probably the smartest move you'll ever make." Georgie nodded smiling. "So that's me and my little story." "Tell me.. did you get sent off to boarding school?" Johnny asked curiously and Georgie nodded. "Yes from aged 11..." "and was it an all girl's school?" Johnny said cheekily. "It was until aged 14. Then it merged with a boy's and became mixed much to grandfather's disgust." "Not that I ever met him but I'd have to agree with his sentiments having a beautiful woman like you around. The boys must have been chasing you every day." "Oh stop." Georgie said bashfully. "I'm serious." "No they didn't. I was quiet, reserved, scared that I didn't belong. They went for the girls who knew exactly how beautiful they were." Johnny took her hand "what makes a woman beautiful is her not knowing how beautiful she is." Georgie blushed once more before leaning into kiss the man. They pulled back and Johnny said "I love English heritage and history. One day will you take me to your grandparent's house? Just to look? I find it all fascinating." "Of course. If you umm wanted to then yes just let me know when you're next in London." She said with a smile, she was shocked he accepted her for who she was, but it made her so happy.