"Anytime," said Ciaran.

Mareena was preparing Amaya for the celebration of the first full moon of autumn. Amaya chose a red dress, similar to the one she wore the day Prince Ciaran kidnapped her. The strips of fabric were held together by gold clasps. High slits, reaching to the hips, revealed her legs decorated with symbols in the language of the gods. They connected her past with her present. Blessed by the gods of the Amorite kingdom and the future princess of Deira. She was adorned with a pile of jewels glittering in the light of the setting sun. Mareena braided flowers in her hair.

Amaya looked at herself in the mirror. She liked what she saw.

"You've made me a true princess, Mareena," Amaya said.

"It's your character that makes you a princess, not your dress and jewelry, miss," said Mareena.

Amaya did an admiring turn. "Do you think His Highness will like it?" she asked.

"He'll adore you, miss," Mareena replied.

"I already adore her," said the prince, leaning against the door frame.

Amaya and Mareena turned to him in shock.

"Your Highness." Mareena bowed to him.

"You shouldn't be sneaking around like that, Your Highness," Amaya told him with a mischievous smile.

"I learned that from you," said Ciaran.

"You can leave us alone," said Prince Ciaran to Mareena.

"As you wish, Your Highness." She bowed to him once more and left.

"Red, the color of Deira." The prince carefully looked at his bride.

"If you don't like it I can exchange it for a blue dress," said Amaya.

Prince Ciaran gracefully bounced off the door and approached Amaya. They stood close to each other. He was quite a bit taller than her, looking down on her. They looked into each other's eyes. They absorbed each other.

"You're irresistible in red," he told her.

"You shouldn't flatter me like that or I'll still think you like me," Amaya smirked.

"I would never said it would happen, but I like you, Amaya," the prince admitted.

Amaya stared at him for a brief moment, unsure if it was a lie or the truth. She didn't dare find out.

"You shouldn't say that to your enemies," she finally told him.

"What if I don't want us to be enemies?" said Ciaran. " I want to be your friend. Maybe even something more."

Amaya lost her breath at those words. Her heart pounded wildly. Suddenly she didn't know what to do. She always knew what to do. She always knew the right words and steps. But now they were unknown to her. Finally, however, she looked away and retreated from the prince.

"Trust me, you don't want to get involved in my life any more than you already are," she said.

"What if I want to?" said Ciaran.

"You shouldn't," Amaya replied in a sad voice. "Let's have fun. Surely everyone is waiting for us already." she threw away her gloom, put a fake smile on her face and marched out of her rooms.

At first Prince Ciaran just stared dumbfounded, but eventually followed her.

Horses with lavishly decorated saddles were waiting for them in the courtyard. A whole procession of soldiers was prepared to accompany them. The Royal Guards together with Prince Ciaran's Guards. General Marcellus also wore a sumptuous uniform more suitable for celebration than for battle.