Chapter 2

After spending hours just laying on my bed and listening to the sounds of them drinking and wasting my father's money, I stood up and began my way to the window. I opened it so I could gaze at the stars and moon. Seeing how far away they were made me feel all alone. I was always alone; a tear made its way down my cheek.

     I glanced out the window again and saw a shadow with bright, glowing eyes fly towards me. I threw my hands over my mouth the muffle and screams that might've escaped.

     Soon enough the shadow was close enough to grab me, which he did. My eyes widened with wonder at the world below me, the world I was flying over. I felt the cool wind push against my clothes, my hair, and my skin. The shadow dragged me upwards, towards the second star on the right.

     I closed my eyes at the bright light surrounding me, but as soon as it disappeared I opened them to see a magnificent blue ocean. If I looked hard enough I could see creatures with tails just below the surface. I muffled another scream when I realized their upper body looked like mine. Panicking, I looked behind me to try and find a glimpse of my world only to see more ocean than we could have possibly crossed in one night.

     I focused on the view ahead and a large island gradually appeared. When the shadow and I reached it he dropped me on the shore. I shakily stood up and began to walk forward, to the jungle of trees, when a teenage boy appeared in front of me. This time, I couldn't muffle my screams as I fell backwards. "Shhh, hey it's OK love," the boy began to coo at me.

   "Wh-who are you?" I stuttered.

     "I'm Peter, Peter Pan," he told me while offering me his calloused hands to pull me up. Once I was on my feet he sent me a smirk.

     "Where are we?" I asked stronger than my first question.

     "Neverland," Peter Pan breathed out. He grabbed my hands and started walking backwards, pulling me with him; he soon turned around and placed one hand on my lower back. I froze as a rush of memories came to me, memories of that night. Peter noticed and quickly  removed his hand. "Uh... this way," he coughed out while simultaneously pointing to a covered path to the left of us. Along the trail another teenage boy hiding in a hooded cape walked out of the jungle.

     "Hello Pan, who do we have here?" he drawled out lazily, his question referring to me.

     "Her name is Cassie." I froze again, wondering how Peter knows my name. "And she needs a tour of Neverland," Peter told the boy. The boy nodded at Peter Pan then sent a smile my way. I felt a light blush slowly creep up my face.

     "I'm Felix," the boy told me while grabbing my hand and dragging me farther down the trail hidden in the jungle.

     "Where are we going?" I managed to ask without stuttering.

     "Camp," is the vague answer I received from Felix.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Comment and Vote <3