"Mhm." Danielle hums, eyeing the dress. When her eyes come back up, she gives me that proud look that has me know what's coming.

"Stop." I tell her in advance.

But of course she won't stop. "You've grown so big!"

"You're barely two years older than me, it's not right for you to say that."

"Two years is a lot! So, shut up. I remember when you were brought home from the hospital, so tiny and precious."

I stop applying liner to eye her. "Well, you clearly didn't think I was precious back then. Dad said you were always trying to kill me."

"Well, duh. And so? You were goddam annoying! Crying all the damn time, what did you expect me to do?"

"Understand the fact that I was a baby and not kill me?"

"That's tough. I was sort of a baby too, two years ain't all that."

"Exactly!" I laugh. "Exactly why you're in no place to tell me I've grown so much."

She scrunches up her nose in a cute way. "Ass."

"How many more hours have I got to wait for?" Dad calls from outside.

Both our eyes grow big, and I go back to lining my eyes while she answers. "We're coming, pàpà!"

"I'm ready." I tell her dropping the cosmetic I'd been holding, about to start leaving the room when I see her do something with her bra from underneath the dress. "What are you doing?"

"Trying to make my boobs fit."

"Trying to make your boobs fit or trying to make them bigger?" I ask, walking past her to the door. Though when I get by it I still wait with a hand on the doorknob.

"What's the difference?"

I laugh in disbelief. "But I thought your all time logo was 'small tits are where it's at'?"

"Well, not when I'm wearing a dress with a neckline so low I literally look flat chested." She answers. Continues fussing for a while till it seems like she's done. "Want me to help you do yours."

"No," I shake my head. "Small tits are where it's at."

"You're an ass." She doesn't smile about it but I laugh. We meet Dad downstairs who starts acting like Danielle had been when she noticed my dress, we tell him to please stop. He doesn't. Of course. Instead, he goes on and on about how we're growing so fast.

Toby comes in next, strolling in from the kitchen as we all go Danielle on him. He, as expected, hates every second of it, yet we still let him know how good he looks in a tux.

He just tells us it itches and that we should be on our way now so we can come home early.

We're not having a driver because dad says it's unnecessary. But what's really unnecessary is us using a car for a five second drive. It's not just unnecessary but ridiculous too because Pamela's house is right next door. However I get that it's more of a status thing, after all we're not the only influential family invited, especially now that Pamela's dad has won another elections. There'll probably be higher ranked people in government present.

"I call shotgun!" Toby yells and races to the front seat quickly as if that'll help. Soledad rolls her eyes, once we get there, she practically drags him out and takes over the seat.

"I hate being the youngest." He mumbles, now seated beside me at the back.

"Trust me, being the middle child is worse."