Oh they weren't waiting with the though questions.

"Life has it's ways. That's all you need to know."

I swished the liquid that was in my glass around, looking how it shimmered in the dim light. I looked up at Gaz as he scuffed.

"Come on, tell us something. There has to be more to you then meets the eye."

I downed the drink.

"There is only so much I can tell you. If even Price hasn't told you anything, why should I?"

I gave them a cheeky smile, they offered free drinks. No way I wasn't using them for that. I watched as they both downed the alcohol as well, Gaz was quick to fill the glasses again.

"How about you tell us what's going on between you and Ghost? Surely you can talk about that."

I thought of how the man has been ignoring me all this time. The alcohol playing with my emotions, letting my tongue slip a little.

"That asshole? As if there was anything between us."

I thought of the time he kissed me. I brought my hands up, brushing my fingers against my lip. The sensation of our make out session played through me.

"Actually..."

The image of him throwing me on the ground was brought back.

"Hate! I hate him! He always drags me around like a sack of potatoes!"

They both burst out laughing.

"Laugh all you want. You aren't the ones who have to be his punching bag when he is mad!"

I was definitely upset at Ghost, but I laughed with them. This was nice. When was the last time I had a drink with someone?

"Yeah, Simon can get like that sometime."

Simon? They are casually using his name?

"This didn't feel like sometimes."

At that point I had lost the count of the glasses I had drunk. A few empty bottles stood further away from us.

"Simon Riley. It sounds too normal for someone like him."

They both looked at me shocked.

"Where did you get that from?"

"When we were in the pub. You got caught, he had to take over. He told me his name."

I lied, he did tell me his last name. But only after I checked his files I realized it really was his name. I drank again, the alcohol burning my throat further.

"Price really has to speed things up."

They both nodded at each other. What was Soap talking about?

---------

Time passed as we drank and had fun, but all things come to an end and this was certainly the time. I was leaving Gaz's room, Soap has fallen asleep. I closed the door and began 'walking', as much as I could call it that, towards my quarters. I tried to be as quiet as possible, making almost no sounds at all , I focused my vision on the floor and where I placed my feet.

Until I bumped into something hard, I stepped back on instinct but was grabbed by my arm.

"What are you doing here?"

I looked up at him, squinting my eyes to make out his mask in the dark.

"Why would I tell you? You were ignoring me. Why care now, Simon?"

I tried to move away but he didn't let me, instead he brought me even closer.

"You reek of alcohol. What made you think it's a good idea to drink?"

"I am an adult, I can do whatever I want."

"I will take you to your room."

This time I didn't move.

"I don't want too."

We both noticed a light coming from one of the rooms. Ghost quickly pulled me behind a corner and into a room further away.

"What are you doing?!"

He closed the door, pressing me against it, covering my mouth with his hand.

"Be, quiet."

I froze at his change of tone. My whole attention focused on him. I nodded my head.

The position we were in making me think of things that should never happen.

"Be, good. Understood?"

I nodded again, he looked at me as if I was some kind of prey, something he was hunting for. I felt something in my core as he was pressed against me, only now realising his usual gear was gone. He was wearing his casual attire and God did he look hot.

His mask still blocking his face, the shirt hugged his muscles tightly, it looked like it was a size too small, his sweat pants letting my imagination go wild. Not like I was going to complain about it. He was standing so close I could feel his cologne rubbing off on me.

He moved away, taking his hand off my mouth.

"Where did you even get the alcohol from?"

I shrugged my shoulders.

"I am no snitch."

We heard the sounds of footsteps coming from the corridor. Ghost sighed.

"I will take you to your quarters."

"I will scream if you touch me."

"Then what do you plan on doing in your state?"

"I will... Are you worried?"

"No. But I am not leaving you like that, you are drunk."

I walked towards the middle of his room and sat down on the floor. I looked around his room, it was dark but I could still make out a few things. Knifes hanging on one of the walls, for some reason I expected this kind of asthetic.

"You are a bad liar, Riley."

He came closer to me, squating down next to me.

"Come on. Let's get you to bed."

"Only if you promise you will be nice to me."

He reached out his hand towards me.

"I promise I won't hurt you. Never again."

I grabbed his hand with a smile and let him lead me to his bed.

"I thought you were going to take me to my room?"

"Just lay down."

He sounded tired, it only came to my realization now. I did as I was told and laid on the bed, he sat down next to me. His eyes were much softer then before, looking at me with an emotion that I couldn't decipher. 

I closed my eyes for a moment, the sleepiness washing over me. I felt the bed shift, when I opened my eyes I could see Ghost laying next to me.

"Go back to sleep. I won't touch you, don't worry."

"I wouldn't mind. Just. Don't ignore me."

I didn't know what I was saying, the words just flew out of my mouth. I turned onto my side and shut my eyes, it didn't take me long to fall asleep.

Word count: 1443