Tʜᴇ Pʜᴀɴᴛᴏᴍ

Start from the beginning

"I just hope it runs."

"Oh, no, she'll run all right. She's faster than any cutters the boys in blue got." He says as he attaches the boat to the back of Kie's car.

The girls hear a motorcycle approaching as the tires screech.

"Pope. Finally." Kie sighs.

Instead, they're greeted by Rafe and Barry. The girls backing up as they walk in.

"Hey, there. What's goin' on ?" Rafe says, "JJ ? How you guys doin' ?"

"Whoo-hoo !" Barry whistles as he comes in from the other side, "Well, well.."

He cocks his gun as he approaches JJ. He immediately holds his hands up, "See, don't think I forgot about me and you on the side of the road. I'm here because I want my motherfuckin' money."

JJ groans as Barry punches him in his stomach.

"JJ !" Kie yells as the girls try to help him, "JJ !"

Kie is pulled off by Rafe. Barry pushes Estrella back into a table full of tools. She drops down as she grabs at her side.

"That's what I'm here for !" Barry yells at JJ

"It's not you we want, Kie. Where's John B ?" Rafe says

"I don't know !" She yells slapping him.

"Stay down, boy." Barry says kicking JJ in his stomach, "Phew !"

"I really wish you didn't do that." Rafe says walking up to Kiara. Estrella gets up and steps in between them pushing Kie back as she backs up.

"We know what you did." Estrella says

"What ? What did I do ?"

"You murdered Peterkin."

Rafe's face hardens before he grabs Estrella by her throat. "Don't you ever say those fucking words again."

He squeezes harder as she gasps.

"Rafe !" Kie yells

"Understand ?" Rafe says, "Do you understand ? Where's John B ?"

"I don't know." Estrella strains. Rafe grabs her harder.

"Where's John B ?" He yells

"We don't know !" Kie yells

"Where's John B ? Huh ?"

He lets go as he's hit on the back. Estrella takes a deep breath as Pope comes into view when Rafe falls. Kie catches her as she falls back into her.

"Don't touch her !" He says as he hits Rafe again with a pipe. He swings again, but Rafe ducks and punches him. Pope drops the pipe. When Rafe swings again, Pope dodges it and punches him again and again.

"Rafe !" Barry yells as his attention is drawn to Pope.

JJ grabs at his ankle and trips him and he drops the gun.

"Star ! Kick it !"

The girl immediately kicks it under the boat. JJ jumps up and pulls Barry up to his feet. He slams him against the boat and knees him before pushing him to the ground.

"Pope." Kie says. JJ and Estrella's attention is drawn to Pope punching Rafe over and over. "Okay, Pope. Pope !"

"Hey, Pope !" JJ yells

"Pope, that's good ! Stop !" Estrella yells as they run over.

"He's had enough, dude."

Pope punches Rafe causing him to turn the other way. Pope takes a wire and wraps it around Rafe's neck.

"He's good." Kie says, but Pope keeps pulling.

"Stop it, Pope." Estrella says

"Snap out of it, dude !"

"Pope !"

"Stop, dude !"

"Pope, that's too much !" Kie yells

"Dude, come on ! Stop ! Stop, dude !"

"Pope, stop !"

"Pope ! Get off !"

"Let go ! Come on !" JJ yells as he grabs at Popes shoulders. Estrella grabs his arm.

"Look at me !" Kie yells.

Pope lets up as Estrella pushes him away. JJ holds onto his shoulders to pull him further back before letting go. Rafe drops to the ground.

"Shit. Oh, shit." JJ breathes. Estrella looks to Pope who has a wild look in his eyes.

"It's okay." Kie says

Rafe coughs as he turns over. Blood covering his mouth as he breathes heavily.

"Okay, we gotta go. We gotta go." Kie says before she walks toward the car. JJ and Estrella hesitate as they watch Pope.

"Stay off the cut." He spits

"Pope." Estrella says. He steps over Rafe and follows her to the car.

______________________________________