Tʜᴇ Pʜᴀɴᴛᴏᴍ

Start from the beginning

"Where have you been ?" Her mom says walking up. JJ steps beside Estrella to put another box in. The girl rounding the truck and getting in the backseat.

"Have you heard what's going on ?" Her mom says as Kie and JJ get in the car.

"Mom, I'll explain later."

"Have you seen the storm ? This is not safe."

"I'm sorry, Mom. I have to go !"

"These cops are armed, Kiara. You'll get shot."

"I have to go !"

"I am not letting you do this !"

"Mom, John B needs me !"

"You need to stay here."

"I understand. I'll be careful. Sorry !" Kie says as she rolls her window up

"Kiara ! Open this door !"

"I'm sorry."

"Stop it right now. Right now, Kiara ! This is not safe ! Stop !" Her mom yells. Kiara starts to drive off, "Stop ! Kiara !"

______________________________________

Next stop was JJ's house.

Estrella could tell JJ was anxious to go back there, but he knew he needed to get the key for the boat.

It's silent as Kie stops in front of the house and turns the car off.

"Home sweet home." He says as he stares at the house.

"Do you want me to come ?" Kie says, "Cause I'll come."

"No. This will only take a second." He says before he gets out. He shuts the door behind him and goes up the steps.

Estrella rolls down the back window. "Be careful, JJ."

As JJ turns, Estrella gives him a small smile. He nods back at her before he goes in. She leans back against the seat keeping her eyes on the door.

"Are you guys okay now ?" Kie says turning back to Estrella.

"No, we're not, but I don't want his dad to hurt him." Estrella says not sparing her a glance.

Kie sighs, "I'm really sorry, Estrella. I shouldn't  have just blindsided you like that. You didn't deserve it. I was just upset with Pope. I hope you can forgive me. JJ too. He cares a lot about you."

Kie notices how Estrella furrows her brows. "I know what I said before, but I realize it's not true. He does care about you. A lot."

Estrella raises her brows slightly before they drop again. A couple of minutes later, JJ storms out. His eyes were red as he came down the steps and got in the car.

"How'd it go ?" Kie asks. He smiles sadly as he holds up the keys.

Kie nods before turning the car on and driving off.

______________________________________

The three teens shut the door as they get out. They made it to the warehouse that held the Phantom. As they walk in, a huge boat comes into their view.

"There she be." JJ says, "Hey, girl. A 1983 Formula 402 SR1. The Phantom." JJ says

"Mm-hm." Kie shrugs

"The first boat to make the run to Bermuda in under 16 hours. Forty years old ! Forty." JJ gushes, "And still the fastest thing that Kildare's ever seen."

"It's kind of a junker."

"Really ? She's right there, Kie. She can hear you." JJ says. Estrella rolls her eyes with a ghost of a smile on her face. "Let's just put it this way. You would not be smokin' weed right now if she never existed, okay ?"