Tʜᴇ Rᴜɴᴡᴀʏ (2)

Comincia dall'inizio

He jumps off and runs after her. He grabs her arm. "Star, wait, please."

She snatches her hand away as she turns to him, "Get the fuck off of me."

"Please let me explain."

"Explain what ? That you used me ?"

"No, I-"

"I was a fucking bet, JJ !" She yells, "A bet. I was 20 bucks to you."

"That's not true, Star. It wasn't like that. We were drunk."

"Oh and that's supposed to be an excuse ?" She chuckles humorlessly

"No." He sighs, "I felt horrible after. Not because of what we did, but because I knew how much it would hurt you when you found out."

"You still made the bet, JJ." She cries, "I trusted you in that moment and now I realize it didn't mean anything to you at all."

"It did mean something." He says stepping closer, but she steps back. "Star, please."

"Don't call me that." She spits

JJ's heart drops as she stares at him with nothing but anger in her eyes. Estrella had never looked at him like that before.

"I hate you." She says as her face scrunches up and more tears escape. She doesn't let him respond as she turns around and leaves him on the dock.

JJ sighs heavily as he watches her enter her house. "Shit !" He exclaims as he throws his hat down. He runs his hands through his hair as he paces.

______________________________________

Estrella had cried herself to sleep that night. She couldn't believe JJ and John B had done that to her. She had been there for them through everything since she had met them. Whenever they needed her, she was there.

She also couldn't believe Pope and Kiara knew and didn't tell her. Well, she had her suspicions about Pope knowing. Pope couldn't keep anything from her if his life depended on it. There was no way he knew. But Kiara ?

She knew and didn't say anything to Estrella. She knew that when Estrella found out it would hurt her and she used it against her.

Estrella's phone had been going off all night. Even when the ringer was off, it just vibrated constantly. She woke up so many times ready to throw it at her wall.

Estrella's eyes crack open, but instantly close as the sun shines bright in her room. She sighs as she runs her hands over her face. She sits up and leans over to grab her phone off of her night stand. As it comes on, she can see hundreds of texts from JJ, Kiara, and Pope.

Pope being the most recent.

I swear I didn't know. I would've told you if I did. I'm so sorry, Estrella.

She had a feeling Pope didn't know. So, she ignored all the other texts and answered him.

It's okay, Pope. I know you would've. Good luck on your interview. I know it's started already, but still. I'm rooting for you.

She sets her phone down as she gets up. Her phone vibrates again. She picks it up and furrows her brows at the text she got from Pope.

Please meet me at the dock by the Château. I know you're pissed at them, but the gold is just as much yours as it is theirs.

I thought you had your interview. What happened ?

It's only a couple of minutes before he responds.

Walked out. I know it sounds crazy, but there's no real time to explain. Just please meet me at the dock.

She sighs as she sets her phone back down.