Letters And First Days [Chapter 20]

'Letters' Izuku thought. He slowly flipped the envelope to read where it was sent from. The bright red letters read, 'U.A Academy.'

Izuku almost didn't want to believe it. He held his breath. He didn't know why, he just felt that if he took a single breath the letter would vanish into thin air.

"Hey, are you okay? You've been standing there looking at the mail for a solid minute now." Hitoshi looked over his shoulder.

A silent breath came from Izuku in response. He held up the letters. Hands shaking ever so slightly.

"They came." The shorter male tried to smile. Failing miserably.
____________________________________

They passed.

They passed the U.A. entrance exams!!

The two teens hugged and laughed together. They held each other close, Izuku's arms wrapped tightly around Hitoshi's neck, just as tight as Hitoshi's arms were snaked around the younger teen's waist.

"We did it..." Hitoshi sounded close to tears, he trembled, trying to hold them in.

Izuku wasn't any better, he was openly crying, but giggling along with the tears.

"We did, didn't we?" He spoke choked.

Eri looked around the corner. She stared for a moment, before shrugging and running to her Mama and papa. Wriggling and wiggling to be squashed in the middle of the crying teens.

The family of three hugged for a long time. Smiles on all of their faces.
____________________________________

Eri couldn't come to school with them. It was stated in the letter that Izuku received, they expressed that Eri would have to be placed in daycare or with a trusted adult since the school would be a dangerous place for a child. Especially a high school filled with superhuman-powered teenagers who are training it become heroes.

Fortunately, Hiroshi, Hitoshi's mother, adored Eri. She was taking a break from her demanding job and offered to watch Eri till they found a trusted daycare to enroll in.

It took a little convincing Izuku to finally agree. It's not like he didn't trust Hiroshi, he just wasn't used to being without Eri for such a long time. He reluctantly came to terms with it and the two teens dropped his daughter at her 'Nana's' house before departing to school.

The train ride to the academy went by a lot faster than Hitoshi wanted. He expressed his frustrations about this to Izuku.

"I'm gonna miss you." He pouted. He pouted. Izuku couldn't help but smile brightly at his tall friend.

"It's only for a couple of hours. Plus, we'll eat lunch together, so we won't be apart for long." A pale hand intertwined with a freckled, more tanned one.

They held hands the rest of the way to the academy, keeping conversations light-hearted. Their hands slipped out of one another as they reached the gates.

Hitoshi's face went blank, with no emotion, as he stared up at the large building. He stood tall, mean, and confident. The total opposite of shy little Izuku, who was shivering in his shoes.

"You know if this school wasn't run by a bunch of heroes, I would beat the shit out of you," Izuku spoke with no stutter.

Hiroshi coughed violently. Laughing as he looked down at his younger friend.

"What did I do?" He laughed. The younger shrugged and took a step forward.

"If I say it out loud, it'll be easier to say to those who piss me off."

That step turned out to be an inclined stone and caught the edge of his shoe. Causing him to fall forward. The wind sped past his face as fell.

'Fuck. I didn't even get to confess my feelings to Hitoshi. Now I'm going to die.'

In some other universe, Izuku would have been saved by his schoolmate with a gravity quirk, but here, he was caught by strong, lean arms. Hitoshi's arms.

Lavender eyes gazed into Emerald. Breaths held as if one exhale would wake them up from this dream.

They didn't get a chance to say anything before the bell rang. The two teens flinched before Izuku yelped and stood up straight.

"Ah! We're late! Let's go!" The shorter male grabbed a hold of his friend's hand and sprinted into the large school. Hitoshi followed on slightly behind him, Izuku was always faster than him.

After a minute of running down halls, stumbling past the few tarty students who also run down the same halls, they skidded to the large door of class 1A, the heroics class.

They busted inside the door, slightly out of breath. All students stared at the duo in shock. The... yellow sleeping bag turned to face them. Black hair and tired eyes stared at the two, a loud sigh was heard throughout the class as the teacher climbed out of the yellow monstrosity.

"Your," Eraserhead, pro hero and homeroom teacher of class 1A, glanced at the clock on the wall.

"4 minutes late." Grey bloodshot eyes gazed at Hitoshi, then shifted Izuku curiously.

"Aren't you in general studies?" Hitoshi grumbled at the reminder. He hated being without his best friend for such a long time, he wished Izuku joined the heroics instead.

Green hair swished as the male nodded his head. He then turned to look up at Hitoshi with a large smile, eyes sparkling.

"Okay, I'm going now. Meet me by the entrance of the cafeteria during lunch," Izuku whipped off invisible dust off Hitoshi's shoulders.

"Have a good day, Hito." Oh. Hitoshi melted when Izuku spoke to him softly. He felt the tips of his eyes begin to burn, so he lowered his head to hide his smiling face from the prying eyes of his new classmates. (Those who have, rudely, kept staring at the two this entire time.)

"You too, Izu." With that said, the greenest swiftly turned and ran down the hall out of site. Hitoshi sighed sadly, then turned to face his new teacher.

"So-" Eraserhead was rudely interrupted by a loud squeal.

"EEEEEEEE!!!!! That was adorable!!" A pink-skinned girl stood from her seat to announce. He had curly pink hair that looked like Izuku's hair type, and hair yellow horns protruding from her head.

"I know right?!" A... Floating uniform stood beside the pink girl. The two began to animatedly talk with one another about 'BL', and, 'Boys Love.'

There was a moment when Hitoshi felt his quirk fade, like a part of his mind went all fuzzy; empty. All eyes turned to a red glare from their teacher.

"If you want to stay in the hero course, I'd advise that you sit down and shit up." Everyone froze and sat still in their seats. Hitoshi had to admit, that when he walked to his seat, his knees wobbled in fear.

When everyone was sat and patient, Aizawa sensei smiled creepily at the class.

Hitoshi gulped.

He misses Izuku already.

1136 Words

Thanks for reading chapter 20 ( Letters And First Days ) Of 🍋; Lemon Boy;🍋!

Love Your Author Izzy!