Izuku kidnapped (saved) a child!? [Chapter 2]

"Mhm.."

It's been a week since summer break started. I started summer cleaning for when my mum comes back from her business trip (not like she's gonna care, like she hasn't in the last 14 years...) she's a successful lawyer who gets called on all these trips (and takes extra shifts so she doesn't have to come home to her Quirkless son...)

Since she's never home she leaves a good amount of money to live off of till she gets back. It's more than enough for me so I have extra yen around for new uniforms or notebooks. (And there's always the child support from my deadbeat dad, if she leaves he'll stop sending the money. That's why she stays.) She left two days before summer breaks, and we're running out of groceries so I decided I'd go now since I finished most of the cleaning except the vacuuming and dusting.

As I'm boarding the train I get a chill, like something gonna happen, I can't tell if it's gonna be bad or good. But shrugged it off and found a seat. There were lots of people on the train, probably from the midday rush to get home from work and see their loving families... The train stopped in the district that was near the Nighteye agency (and had pretty good convenience stores that sold the kinda apples I liked, and people around here don't know I'm Quirkless.)

'Okay. I need mixed vegetables for stir fry this week, maybe some fish for homemade sushi-'
I was thinking about what I would buy while walking down a deserted street when I felt what felt like a small child run into me and fall backwards. I looked down at the going to help the child before I saw the scars, she had so many scars. If it weren't for the bandages I would guess that she has lots more. she had long whitish-blue hair and was dressed in an old hospital gown it looked like, she also didn't have any shoes. I crouch in front of the small child who looks around 5 years old.

She looked petrified as she looked behind her like she was being chased by a rabbit dog or a monster... She then grabbed onto my shirt and looked at me with the most scared look you could ever see on a child. "Don't let them take me..." she whispered, nearly silent like she hadn't said anything her whole life. "Can I hold you?" I asked hurriedly, as I heard what sounded like
running in the distance.

'SHIT SHIT SHIT!! WHAT THE FUCK!?' I think, getting scared by the sound of approaching footsteps. She looked conflicted before nodding, I scooped her up in my arms and speed walked to the corner of the street where the convenience store was, where there was a busy sidewalk to easily get lost in, then walked in hurriedly before anyone could see. Looked out the window of the shop to see a weird-looking man with a bird mask and a green jacket with purple fur, 'in the middle of summer you are wearing a jacket and a mask, he must be a cold motherfucker.' I think bitterly as I see the man sigh angrily after looking around before giving up and turning the corner again.

I looked down at the girl who was clinging to me like she just escaped a wild goose chase but the goose was her worst fear. I looked back at her closely to see she was only wearing an old rag with no shoes.

'Looks like I'll need more just food on my list..'

_______________________________________________________________

Later After Shopping:

Was still holding the little girl in my arms by the time we got back home, she was skittish the whole time we were out and about. But she never let go of my shirt, her tight grip never residing.

We got the groceries which should last for at least a month or so, but I also got some clothes for the girl. I asked her what she wanted but just shook her head and looked down like it was a sin to ask for clothes.

I just asked the staff worker to help me with girly clothes, she got three pairs of shoes (rain boots, sneakers, and saddles) with lots of shirts and sweaters. And also pants (skirts, skorts, shorts, leggings, etc.) Her eyes strayed to look at this Miriko hoodie, like the one I was wearing but smaller, so I bought it for her. She gripped it as we left the store before we stopped so she could slip it on over the HIDOUS rag she was wearing. (I know I have horrible taste, but it's better than what every those people was dressing her in..).

As I was putting the groceries away I set the girl on the counter next to a plate of apple slices and some water, I then remembered I didn't know her name. 'Wow, okay Izuku you just kidnapped a child, basically just adopted them off the streets, AND YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THEIR NAME?!?' I internally facepalm, before turning towards the little girl.

"I  never told you my name, I'm Izuku Midoriya! But you can just call me Izuku." I said in a cheerful voice, trying to make her feel okay saying my given name. She looked up at me in surprise before looking back down at her lap, like she was contemplating something. She then looked back up at me, and in the tiniest voice, told me "Eri."

I blinked in shock, 'That was the MOST CUTEST THING EVER!!' I put my hands on my cheeks and smile at Eri. "Nice to meet you Eri! Now how about we clean you up before anything else." I smile contently and hold my arms out to her. She looks at the starburst scars on my forearms, then slowly leans forward into my arms.

'I think I just adopted a child...'

1004 words!

Thanks for reading chapter 2 (Izuku kidnapped (saved) a child!?) Of 🍋; Lemon Boy;🍋!

Love your Author Izzy!