Chapter 18

Back at the hotel, I couldn't keep myself from crying. I was lying on my bed while Mahogany was in the shower. I read the letter again. I shouldn't have because the more I read it the more I thought of how many people might hate me and why. I don't understand why this was just the first show and already this has happened.

Mahogany came out of the shower and looked at me with worried eyes.

"What happened" she asked "and don't bother making something up, I already know something happened."

I sniffed and handed her the letter. she read it and her eyes widened. "A fan gave you this????" She practically yelled. I just shook my head. "Come on" she said grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the room.

"Where are we going?" I asked with tears still in my eyes. I didn't want anyone to see me cry but Mahogany wasn't gonna stop. She seemed furious and I didn't want to say a word.

She knocked on all the boys' rooms and got them all in the hall and then she got security. Cam sat by me and held my hand. He still looked worried. When everyone was in the hall she said "we have a problem"

"What is it?" Jack G. asked

"This." She held up the letter "A fan wrote this and gave it to Taylor" everyone looked at me and I hid my face in Cameron's shoulder. As Mahogany read the letter out loud I heard a few gasps.

"Who the hell wrote that." Shawn asked furious as he stood up. I've never heard him talk like that. I could tell he was pissed.

"I don't know.. she didn't tell me her name." I said sniffling and trying not to cry again.

"Well we have another show here tomorrow, " Cam said "if you see her I want to tell me immediately, I don't care if I'm on stage or what"

"What does she look like?" Aaron asked "we can keep an eye out too"

"She had long brown hair and brown eyes and she was kinda tall" I said

"We'll find her" Shawn assured me. Cam stood up with me and gave me a hug.

"Don't believe anything in that letter. you're better than that." he whispered. I just nodded.

Shawn's POV

I am so furious about this. I can't believe one of our fans could do something like this. I look over at Taylor hugging Cam. Her eyes were filled with tears and a little red from crying. They stopped hugging and Taylor just stood looking at the floor. I walked over to her and just gave her a huge hug. She stood on her toes and leaned into me and rested her head on my shoulder. I gently rubbed her back then pulled back to look her in the eyes.

"Please don't listen to anything that girl wrote. None of it's true I promise. You're a strong and beautiful girl.. and If you ever need anyone to talk to I'm always available." I said attempting to comfort her. I guess it worked because I could see a very faint smile on her face as she nodded. I pulled her in for another hug then went back to the room.

Taylor's POV

After everyone tried to comfort me I walked back to the room and climbed into bed. I was facing the ceiling trying to fall asleep but I couldn't. I was too nervous about tomorrow. what if I do see her and I tell one of the boys and then she tries to hurt like she said in the letter. What if I don't see her at all?

A million questions raced through my mind as I failed at trying to sleep. Finally at about 2:37 I fell asleep. I woke up to Cameron's hand on my shoulder lightly shaking me. I rolled over and realized that Mahogany wasn't there. "wake up Taylor, everyone's downstairs eating breakfast." Cam said.

"I just want to stay here today. I'll be fine." I mumbled

"You can't" he said, "we need you to point out the girl."

"Fine I'll be down in about 15 minutes."

"Okay" Cam said walking back into the hallway.

I got up an took a quick shower. I let my hair dry on its own. I put on my white shorts, my Shawn Mendes baseball T-shirt, and my blue Keds. My hair didn't want to cooperate with me so I put on a white beanie and walked downstairs.

When I got there almost everyone was done eating and were just sitting along the walls talking. Shawn saw me and got up and ran to give me a hug. I laughed as he picked me up and spun. He set me down and looked down at my shirt.

"Hey! Eyes up here." I said

"Who is this 'Shawn Mendes' kid who has his name on your shirt?" He smirked

I smiled and walked to get some breakfast. I was going to have a good day today and that girl was not going to ruin it. As I walked back to the table to sit with Nash, Cam, Shawn, and Matt, Mahogany walked up to me.

"How are you?" She asked

"I'm not gonna let one person ruin my summer." I said. She smiled and hugged me then ran back to sit with Jacob. they're cute together to be honest. They should date.. they're always around each other already.

I finished eating and then we left to go to the venue. When we got there, we walked straight to the conference room where the boys were having a small meet and greet before the show. Shawn was meeting one of his fans when a young girl who looked about ten or eleven walked in the doors she ran straight to Shawn.

"AALIYAH" Shawn yelled with his arms out.

"SHAWN" She yelled. She hugged Shawn and he picked her up and spun her around and she was giggling the whole time. There were lots of "awww" and "oh my god" from the girls in the room. I have to admit... I was one of them. Shawn's mom walked into the room too and gave him a hug.

Soon after that, the meet and greet ended and the show was about to start.
Everyone was crowded in a big room. The boys were onstage goofing off. They had a small trampoline and Cameron was trying to do tricks on it. Shawn and Nash were on one side of the trampoline and Cam was across the stage. He ran and jumped on the trampoline and Shawn and Nash caught him. Everyone was laughing and having a good time.

I was on the stage and it felt someone staring at me. I looked around a little and my eyes met the gaze of the girl who gave me that letter. My heart stated racing. Jacob noticed and came over to me and it was almost as if he already knew because he whispered "Where is she?" I kept looking at her and Jacob followed my gaze. When he saw her, they made eye contact for a split second then she looked away and started screaming Shawn's name to get his attention as if nothing had happened. Jacob motioned a security guard over and described the girl to him so that the security knew who to get. The security guard nodded then stepped back off the stage.

Jacob grabbed my hand and pulled me onto the stage and told me to act like I need even saw her, which was hard to do. We all started doing the lip gloss dance and it was really fun. Shawn and Jack sang "hallelujah" together. It was cute watching them because Jack was nervous and Shawn was trying to get him to sing.

An hour later the show ended and the security gaurs walked over to the girl who gave me the letter and told her to come with him. I was really nervous as we followed them back into a hallway.

"Is this the girl who gave you that letter?" The security asked me. I looked at the girl and she gave me a death glare as if she was saying "if you tell him.. I'll kill you."

I looked back at the security gaurs and gave a quiet "yes". He put the girl's hands behind her back and started to walk away. "I would never do anything like that" she lied trying to get free. Security put her in a room and locked the doors.

"She will be banned from ever coming to any event again and she might be put in jail depending on what the officers think. Death threats are not tolerated and she will be punished." he told me.

"Thank you" I said. I almost smiled. I feel good now that she's gone. hopefully nothing like this happens again.