𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟩 - 𝒢𝓇𝓎𝒻𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹𝑜𝓇 𝓋𝓈 𝐻𝓊𝒻𝒻𝓁𝑒𝓅𝓊𝒻𝒻

Start from the beginning

"I know but he was covering our Defence Against the Dark Arts class." 

"Why wasn't Professor Lupin teaching."

"We don't know, Snape didn't say. But you should have seen the smug look on his face." Amber said bitterly. 

I hum in agreement, not looking forward to my last class as I would have to deal with Snape once again today after Potions this morning. 

"Well at least I know what I have to look forward to later." I say sarcastically.

"What are you guys talking about?" 

I look up to see Milo and Enzo standing outside the classroom.

"Snape covering Defence Against the Dark Arts." Amber said, keeping the bitter tone in her voice. 

"Oh yeah that sucked." Milo said, rolling his eyes.

 Before he could continue Professor Burbage appeared in the doorway and told us all to take our seats. 

As I moved to sit down next to Enzo I noticed that he looked a bit down, he didn't seem to be his normal talkative self which was strange. 

"Hey, are you ok?" I whisper to him as Professor Burbage had started talking about what we are going to be learning today, electricity and why muggles need it. 

He looks over at me, seemingly surprised that I even asked. 

"Yeah I'm fine." He says smiling at me sweetly. 

He seemed convincing enough but a part of me didn't fully believe him. 

The class continued as normal. Enzo seemed to perk up a bit as the class continued, joking with me and Milo and engaging in the class. I feel the small pit of anxiety and worry for him lift slightly, surprising me as I didn't fully realise it was there. 

Professor Burbage decided to set us a homework assignment in pairs. She said that we would have to choose someone in a different house from us, causing Milo to let out a sigh as he wouldn't be able to pair up with Enzo.

"It's fine Milo," I say, chuckling at his annoyance "you can pair up with Amber and I'll go with Theo." 

This seemed to ease Milo's anxieties as he assumed that I would just go with Amber, which was my original plan but I know Milo doesn't like having to work with people he doesn't know, and I don't mind having to work with Enzo anyway. 

I swapped seats with Milo to make it easier for him and Amber. As I sit down I smile at Enzo who returns it quickly and I can't help but notice the rosy blush that painted his cheeks.

"You will work in your pairs to write an essay that is to be at least three rolls of parchment long. It will be on a reason that muggles need electricity, such as transport or communication. You have three weeks to complete this, using time outside of class and if we finish all the work I have set for the day you may also work on it in my class." 

"When are you free to work on the project?" Enzo asked as we walked out of the classroom. 

"Probably some time next week," I say distractedly, thinking about my next class. "Tuesdays best, I have two free periods in the afternoon." 

"Sounds good," He says smiling at me lightly "I'll meet you in the library."

I nod, smiling up at him before turning and making my way to my next class. I throw a quick 'goodbye' over my shoulder as I go. 

I rush down the hall to meet Charlotte at the corner of the hallway leading to our Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom.