☀︎︎ | TEN | 𓆉

"Ma, come on, we can't let this house go to waste" Summer and her mother walked out of the house and in the backyard together

"Ma, come on, we can't let this house go to waste" Summer and her mother walked out of the house and in the backyard together. "I said no parties" Margot reminds her. "O-Okay, not a party" Summer says with a propane gas tank in hand. "A team bonding" The teen says, turning a corner.

Sitting at the edge of the pool swinging her legs back and forth in the water, Pandora looked back and saw the two had joined her outside.

"Come on, it's exactly what we spoke about with Dr.Cross" Summer reminds her mom; "—"developing healthy relationships with like-minded peers"!".

Dory jumps after being startled by the sound of the gas tank once it meets the ground; Summer had dropped it. "Jesus, Summer" Pandora huffs. "Careful!" Margot says. "So, permission granted?" Summer asked, positioning the tank up right and out of her way. Margot sighs as she walked over to the grill.

Summer grins as she followed behind her. "Well, Abbie did invite me for drinks" Margot said. "But I feel like they're trying to set me up with one of their tattooed tradie mates" She shrugs. "Ay! Get in, Ma!" Summer was quick to encourage her to get out of the house, even if it was for a little while.

"I mean, you're more than welcome to stay if you want" Summer says.

"You could be the Salad Queen to my Grill Master" She jokes. "A nightmare" Margot mutters. "Do you even know how to barbecue?" She asked her daughter. "Yeah. I mean, how hard can it be?" Pandora scoffed at the sentence that had fallen out of Summer's mouth. Margot laughs.

"Alright" Margot caved; "Keep everything outside".

"No glasses by the pool. And no shenanigans" The woman tells the kids. "Ma, I'm a legit athlete now" Summer brags as she moves around next to grill side of the pool. "My body is my temple. Isn't that right, Panda Bear?" Summer says as Pandora leaves the pool and walks over to the mother and daughter. "Mm-hmm. Definitely!" Dory agrees.

"Especially one that I'm willing to knock down if you let me" Pandora leans forward.

"Maybe I should just to see if you're a woman of your word" Summer looks up at her, grinning. "I can't with you two right now" Margot says walking away from the teens and makes her way into the house. "Love you, Ma" Summer chuckled. She walks around the grill section of the backyard and joins Pandora side. They walked to the pool and Dory, once again, sits on the pool edge, placing her legs in the water.

"You were amazing today" Summer says with a smile.

She sits down and crossed her legs of top of each other. They both created a reasonable gap space between them. "You think so?" Dory questions, shyly. "Of course! You're a natural born leader" Summer tells her, truthfully. "I guess I was doing pretty good" Pandora rocks her body from side to side. Summer chuckles, bumping her shoulder to hit Pandora's.

"Believe me, you were great" Summer says looking up at Pandora, taking in her side profile beauty.

Pandora's eyebrows furrowed briefly before she takes her attention away from their very transparent reflection that had appeared in the water.

She glanced at Summer to see if she wasn't imagining things. Once she did, her eyes darted back to the water. Summer had her eyes locked on Pandora. Summer's eyes were so focused on her that she could see Dory's soft freckles sprinkling across her cheeks.

"What?" She questions. "Nothing" Summer answers. Pandora shifting her body toward her friend and resting the weight on her arm. "I mean it has to be something, you're just staring" She said. "Yeah, that's because you're side profile is, like, so pretty" Summer says.

"God, you're, like, so weird" Dory chuckled as Summer grins. Not long after, she found herself getting lost in Summer's dark hazel eyes. "Now you're the one who's staring" Summer says. Dory sighs, gaining her courage in one go. "Okay, I'm just gonna say it!" Summer gasped. "You're gonna propose to me!".

"What— no!" Dory laughed. "It's just, um..." Summer's thumb brushed softly against Pandora's hand. "H-How come you never mentioned me to your friends?" She asked with a sigh. Summer's face filled with a puzzled expression. "What're you talking about? Of course, I mentioned you to them" Summer nods.

"Clearly never by name" Pandora said.

"Your new friends know nothing about me, yet I know almost everything about them" Dory says. "Don't you think that's kind of weird?" Pandora asks. "Is that what you were going on about during training today?" Summer questions. The soft freckled girl rolled her eyes as she looks away from Summer and hummed.

Summer goes to grab her hand, fully once she notices the frown forming on Pandora's face. "Bear, come on..." She says as she watched the taller girl removed her legs from the pool. Pandora, purposely, turns her back to Summer and stood up, dusting herself off. "You should send out the message about your party" She reminded the brunette as she walks towards the house.

"It's not a party!" Summer called out.

"Sure it isn't!" Pandora responded.