☀︎︎ | NINE | 𓆉

"Today is all about physical fitness" Elo stated as she and Pandora walked around the gym, observing the team

"Identifying your strengths..." Bodhi and Poppy laughed as they did Battling Rope together.

"-and weaknesses" Summer glanced over at Wren while they both jumped roped; Dory staring at Summer.

"Come on, guys, let's go, let's go!" Elo called out as Summer and Wren did crunches side by side. "Keep going! You've got this!" The woman continued as Summer struggled a bit whilst Wren did it effortlessly.

"Your balance is wobbly," Pandora says to Bodhi who jumps on and off the jump box; "Here, do it again".

"This time try to focus on what you're doing instead of somebody— something else" Pandora tells her as she looks at Wren from across the room. Bodhi rolls her eyes and continues with what she was doing. "Fine. Don't fall over" Dory replied. "Or do. I don't care" She says before walking off.

"Oi!" Poppy called out as Griff throws water on her. "What? You looked hot" Griff laughed. He did it again with a smirk. Poppy tightens her grip on her ball as she had planned to hit Griff with it. "Oi! What's your problem, man?" Marlon questions as he leaves from another jump box.

"You want some too, Sousa?" Griff questions, stepping up to the shorter guy.

"Yeah, try it, and see what happens" Marlon says.

"Oh, god, already?" Pandora runs over to the boys and Poppy. "My God, can you bozos just chill?" Poppy questions. "We are literally on the same team right now" She says. "Yeah, we're on the team. He's a sub" Griff stated as his friends chuckled. Marlon scoffs as he cracks his knuckles. "Pinhead, stop" Pandora says as she holds Marlon back like Poppy did with Griff.

"Hey! You throw one punch, and you're out" Elo called out to Marlon.

"Wouldn't be the first time, would it, Marlon?" Marlon looks back at her. "I do my homework" Elo says. "Nice try. Nice try" Griff says as he goes over to his friends. "That was cute... I guess he holds a grudge" Griff said. "Hey." Dory snaps her fingers in Marlon's face as he stares Griff down. "Forget him. He's clearly a jerk" Pandora says, hoping that Marlon would move on.

"You have more important things to worry about" Marlon nods.

"You're gonna kill them out there in the water soon, don't worry" Dory smiled, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Now, get back to work" Pandora points to the jump box.

"Right, so, ten years ago, aerial surfing was underground" Elo began as her team stood with their backs against the wall and Pandora by her side

"And now it's pretty much expected on the men's tour" She said. "And by the time you guys turn pro, air revs and full rotations, they're gonna be expected for the girls too" Wren was the first person on the trampoline to do her air reverses. "Okay..." Pandora sighed, knowing someone like Wren would go first and try to go overboard. Elo nudged her arm.

"Let's see what you've got" Pandora said, clearing her throat.

The only one clapping her hands, Bodhi cheered; "Come on, Wren!".

Wren continued to jump as she looked over Bodhi for a second. Wren flips and hits the cushion crash bag. "Bit of an anti-climax" Poppy jokes. Summer held her head down and laughed. "I know I said that I don't know surfing, but that couldn't be good, right?" Dory says to Elo. Elo tilted her head and hummed.

"You're not even trying!" Elo says as Wren gets off the bag. "I expect a lot more from my team captain" Wren huffs as she walks over to her older sister. "I don't need airs to win heats" Wren said. "Guess our fearless captain can't do everything" Summer said. "Go on, America" Marlon says grabbing everyone's attention. "Show us your stuff".

Summer nods, stepping onto the trampoline.

She jumps until she reaches a point where she knows she could do a good flip. Tucking her legs in her arms, Summer lands on the bag and laughs. "Yes, Summer!" Pandora cheered. "Summer! Good technique" Elo joined in. "That's more like it" Elo says as Summer leaves the somewhat high platform and meets up with Wren.

"I wanna see timing and control" Elo continues to see everyone out on their airs.

"Not bad for an entitled brat" Summer says. "Oh, so you can flip upside down?" Wren fakes a smile. "My eight-year-old cousin can do that" Wren said. "You must really hate her too, then" Summer sassed before she pushed pass Wren with a smirk.

 "You must really hate her too, then" Summer sassed before she pushed pass Wren with a smirk

"And as for Wren... uh," Pandora opened her notes app for the twentieth time today to see what she had typed; "—her jumps are too high".

"She's not timing her jumps and she's not tucking in— like, it's just not as firm as it should be?".

"It's like she's... hesitant about it, too in her head" Dory added, grabbing her mini bag. "Got it" Elo said. "I'll send these to you and hopefully, you'll see what I mean" Pandora told the woman. "You do that" Elo says before she walks off to leave the gym.

Meeting up with Wren and Bax, Elo pops open their car trunk in the parking lot to unload their surf gear. "You realize Summer's a total kook, right?" Wren says to her sister. "She's going to lose us the title, Elo" The blonde said. "And what was up with you making that girl your assistant coach?" She questions.

"Funny. Because I think summer's one of the reasons we could win it" Elo says as she places on her sunscreen. "And I think she's gonna be really good for you" She added. "What does that mean?" Wren questions, giving her sister a look. "Well, you always work better when someone challenges you" Elo stated, grabbing her surfboard out of the trunk.

"Someone pushes you" Wren tilts her head, taking in the information that she was given.

"Alright, guys! Let's go for a surf" Elo said. "It is pumping out there" She tells them. "Nah, I've been training all day, mate. Man's gotta eat" Bax says as he walks around the car to leave. "Bax" Elo rolls her eyes. "Oh, you want me to run some laps? Maybe pick up some rubbish?" Bax sassed.

"I think someone left refuse under the car. Want me to crawl under there?" He scoffed.

"You think I'm being too tough on you?" Elo stated. "No" Bax shook his head. Elo sighed as she went up to him and placed a hand on the back of her brother's neck. "Listen, we are gonna make Queensland sorry that they threw you away".

"But I need you focused" Elo says.

"I need you on board" Elo turned her head to look back at Wren. "I need you both on board" She says. Wren sharply inhaled and nodded. Elo gives Bax a soft smile and pats him on his shoulder. Bax touched her arm before walking away.