“Partner.” Jungkook quickly corrected. “You both were just partners and not friends.” He added.

“You forgot.” Mr Lim observed.

Jungkook knitted his brows, confused at what he meant. “What do you mean?”

“What happened that day, Jungkook?” He questioned now, looking more serious than before.

“What are you talking about?” Jungkook asked, getting annoyed now.

“I’m talking about that night, Jungkook. That same night your father died.” Mr Lim explained.

“Why are you asking me that? The one who should be ask that question is Dohwa and not me so why are you asking me? Wait, what do you know, Mr Lim?”

Lim shook his head slowly, giving Jungkook is puzzled look. “Did you lose your memory?”

_

_

_

*NAMJOON*

“Hey.” Namjoon greeted the woman sitting in front of him.

“Hi. I came here earlier but I was told you weren’t around. Thank goodness I’ve seen you now.” She smiled.

“Yeah.” Namjoon nod his head. “I was told about the case. But firstly, how are you doing?”

She let out a breath. “I don’t know.” She answered sincerely.

“I understand. Losing a husband isn’t easy.” He said, turning pages in the document Liam had given him concerning this woman’s case. “Why do you think it’s a murder case and not a suicidal one? I heard he wrote a suicidal note before jumping off the building.” He addressed, looking up at the woman.

She shakes her head, crying now. “He will never kill himself, detective. I know my husband, he isn’t one to give up easily.”

“Hmm.” He hummed. “Was he having any challenges before his death?” He asked.

The woman thought for a while before nodding her head. “He had complained about work. He wasn’t really looking great during those times. Sometimes he would zone out whenever we were having a serious conversation. He was always thinking, he hardly eat… he did changed during those period.”

“And did he ever said anything about dying?”

“No.” She answered.

“Did he change back to his usual self before he died?”

“Yes. It got to a point when he started eating well, talking, laughing. He became his usual self. Two weeks later I found him dead.” She started sobbing uncontrollably.

Namjoon let out a sigh. He took out the phone which the police had found on Mr Kim’s desk after he died.

He read through the note in the phone, trying his best to processed the words written in it.

“Where you really the one who found him dead?” He asked again.

She was fumbling with the hem of her dress, Namjoon observed. He didn’t say anything. He just kept watching her, waiting for her reply.

“Yes.” She nod.

“I will investigate on the matter and get back to you.” He assured her.

“Thank you detective.” She picked up her bag and stood up to her feet. She has already taken two steps towards the door when she heard Namjoon’s voice again, stopping her right in her track.

“I will like to interrogate your daughter.”

She quickly turned around, raising a questioning brow at him. “But why?”