Chapter 11 (Liyue Ladies Set 1)

Start from the beginning

Today was special since it was one of Liyue's most significant events: their Lantern Rite Festival. Of course, Aether and Paimon made the trip here to spend it with many of their friends.

Seeing old faces was always a nice thing for them since it reminded them of how far they had come in their travels, and it also gives more reason that sometimes Aether wants to keep pushing forward to see what his effort has helped with many of the regions makes him very happy.

And tonight, he got invited to celebrate with a handful of people; Aether was quite surprised when he was offered to come to a little banquet that the Qixing was holding. At first, he wasn't sure if he should go, but when multiple people invited him and realized it was mainly a vast get-together, he saw why not!?!

Paimon was supposed to come with him, but when Xiangling told Paimon she would like someone to try a couple of her dishes out and a few she had come up with, there was no way Paimon could refuse! So Paimon, Yaoyao, and Qiqi head to Xiangling restaurant for their bucket.

But Aether didn't know that each lady here had their reason they invited him; you see, it was becoming more apparent for some in Liyue who had fallen for the blonde-haired traveler. And when they heard he would return to spend time in the region for the festival. Many of the ladies had planned to spend this special night with Aether.

But they only accounted for a few other ladies to plan the same thing.

Keqing and Ganyu agreed that they would spend time with him together instead of trying to fight over who got with it; they might as well knock out two birds with one stone.

Hu Tao originally asked Aether to spend the festival with her, but when he told her he was going to the Jade Chamber to spend the night there and watch the fireworks. She decided to take Miss Ningguang on that offer and ask her to celebrate the festival at the view of the Jade Chamber. She gets a fantastic idea to watch the fireworks and spend time with the man she likes. A great DEAL! Now, if only she got some time with Aether, that would top, but she will take what she can get.

Yelan is the only one to celebrate the Lantern Rite around people like that if it was behind closed doors. But when she heard not only Aether was going to spend time at the Jade Chamber and also Ningguang had invited him to spend it with her, she knew something was up and decided to hop in as well to get a couple of free drinks as well call time with Aether, a man; she has quite the interest in, Quite the catch if you ask her.

Another person who was invited was Beibou; well, she forced herself to hang out. When she heard Aether was going to be in Liyue and seeing it's rare she get some time with him, she decided to invite him, but it didn't take long for her to get word Aether got invited to the Jade Chamber by serval ladies. And when she heard Ningguang was the main one, Beidou knew what game she was planning.

Beibou wasn't a fool; she knew what Ningguang was trying to do. Only picking a handful of individuals who usually do things elsewhere invited Aether herself and planned for people to turn it down. She just wanted Aether for herself; if that is how she wants to play, Beibou can also play the game her way. They will both get what they want by the end of the night.

And for Ningguang, well, it was clear she wanted to spend this Rite with Aether when she invited him, and initially, she had planned it just to be them. Still, with how Aether was around Liyue and how popular he was and having a connection, she decided she might as well reward the man who has helped the regions with a reward that would be worth more than anything.

Given how often they mention and are around Aether, she was expecting Ganyu, Keqing, and Hu Tao. But she was surprised to hear the captain of the Clux crew decided to come even though she expected her to turn it down, and she didn't even mention Aether. But Beibou learned and knew. She should have seen that coming. Yelan was surprised since she doesn't often come to things like this, meaning it seemed even the traveler had managed to sway Yelan of all people.