ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ: ʀᴏᴏᴍ 14

———————

"𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞" 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬 –

𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥 –
𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 –
𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐬 – 𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 –
𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭 – 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐥𝐞 – 𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐝 –
𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦 –
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐝
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐤𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐦 –
𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 –
𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐒𝐞𝐚 –
𝐘𝐞𝐭 – 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 – 𝐢𝐧 𝐄𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐲,
𝐈𝐭 𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐚 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐛 – 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐞

-𝐄𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐃𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐧.

———————

"Faster" Penthesilea shouted at her.

Her auburn  hair moved at the rhythm of her blade, sweat dripped down from her forehead, the wind was the only thing that prevented it from going inside her eyes.

She fighting against her queen, her general, and a person amongst the people who raised her. She never knew why she trained her so much, despite the fact that she was about to turn eleven, she knew nearly as much about fighting as the amazons who trained beside her.

Due to practicing for hours in freezing temperatures, her throat was over-flooded with blood, her legs were scraped and her feet hurt, regardless she kept her head high.

She had been raised in Themyscira, also known as Paradise Island, the land with no men. She knew very little about her origins. The only thing she about was that her parents had been pathetic wizards before they were killed, and that shortly after their death Penthesilea had appeared at the scene and took her to the island.

She had found out  that her parents had been wizards,  thanks to when she was little she had a few accidents with her magic. Since then, they have taught her how to keep her gift under control.

The Amazons had always been secretive around her. They never told her why they trained her nor why they took her in. When she had been little, she used to ask  them about her past but eventually gave up as they never answered.

It didn't matter how much she asked why, but for some reason, they believed that she had to be fully trained when she turned eleven years old. So there she was, bloody and sweaty the day before her birthday proving herself to them.

———————

It was midnight when a white owl came into her room. She had never seen one in real life, so at first she looked at the creature with curiosity in her eyes. After a minute of observing the creature she recognized it from one of the many books she had been obligated to read. In its talons was a letter, she took it and saw her name on the paper.