"If General Adrien sees that falcon, then we'll be in big trouble," Amaya told him, hiding the reason why she wanted to shoot it down. She diverted attention elsewhere. "I need you to shoot now, General Marcellus."

General Marcellus aimed his crossbow at the sky. He was fully focused on his goal. Amaya watched him nervously. The general was taking his time. It seemed like an endless moment before he fired. The bowstring loosened and it shot an arrow at its victim. It was so fast that it became invisible. They only heard the falcon's cry and saw how it fell to the ground.

Amaya ran to it. However, it fell behind the palace walls. The guards did not want to let her through the gates. General Marcellus ran after her. He ordered her to be released. Amaya walked along the walls looking for the impact site. In one moment, she saw a blue ribbon shining in the tall grass. If not for that ribbon, she would never have found it.

She ran to the falcon, but before she could reach it, the general caught her. He stood in her way.

"Why do you care so much about that falcon?" he asked her.

"It's none of your business, General," Amaya snapped.

"I'm securing this place," said the general. "This is our home, even if you obviously don't realize it. I will protect it until my last breath. What you're hiding could jeopardize our security, so I need to know."

"It's none of your business, General," Amaya repeated and tried to push her way to the dead body of the falcon, but the General wouldn't let her go.

The general bent down to the dead falcon and unwound the blue ribbon from its leg.

"What does it mean?" he asked her.

Amaya was silent.

"We can tell the prince about it," said General Marcellus, hoping to loosen her tongue.

"You're going to tell him anyway," Amaya said.

"I honestly don't understand you, miss," said the general. "One minute you're working together, helping us win the battle, and the next you're against us."

"I'm not on anyone's side," Amaya said. "I only stand up for my own interests."

"As part of the fact that you killed Miss Yazmin, it is in your best interest to cooperate," said the general.

Amaya hesitated for a moment but finally decided not to speak.

The general took the message the falcon was carrying. He unrolled a small roll of paper and read what was written there. Judging by the look on his face, it wasn't good.

General Marcellus led Amaya back to the palace. General Adrien caught them in front of the gates.

"Did something happen?" he asked them.

General Marcellus quickly hid the message with the ribbon behind his back.

"Nothing," General Marcellus and Amaya said at the same time.

"I'm afraid I don't believe you," General Adrien said and ordered the royal guards to detain and search them.

The royal guards found a message and a blue ribbon General Marcellus was hiding. General Adrien read what was written in it. A mischievous smile bloomed on his lips as if he had just received what he had been waiting for all these long days. Only Amaya had no idea what was written in that message.

"It seems that you have betrayed your own prince, General Marcellus," said General Adrien.

"That's not true," snapped General Marcellus. "I would never do that."