"Will you keep me company at the party today, little goddess?" Ciaran asked her.

"Then will I have the same right to leave as the other concubines?" she answered with a question.

"You are my bride, would you like to leave?" he answered her question.

"Trust me, you don't want me to be your wife, little prince," Amaya told him.

"You're making it hard for me, Amaya, because the longer you're here the more I want you," Ciaran said. "You have no idea what I dream of doing with you."

"Then tell me," Amaya urged.

"I'd much rather show you."

He gently ran his fingertips over her calf. He didn't take his eyes off her. Their eyes were absorbed into each other. Amaya's heart pounded in her chest. Every beat reverberated through her entire body. Its beating drowned out everything. She held her breath. Ciaran slowly caught her under the knee and pulled her sharply to him. Amaya giggled lightly. A hint of a smirk flickered on Ciaran's lips. A predatory spark shone in his eyes.

Amaya knew she should stop it right then and there, but she allowed him every touch. Even when he kissed her neck. His teeth gently ran over her sensitive skin. He bit her gently. A soft moan escaped Amaya's lips.

At that, General Marcellus flew into the room.

"What's taking you so long? Your ladies are already waiting for you," he said.

Amaya jerked away from Ciaran. She stood up from the bed and stepped back. She was blushing. When the general noticed how close to each other they were, he turned around.

"I'm sorry," said the general. "I didn't mean to disturb."

"It's OK. I was already on my way out." Amaya said and disappeared into her rooms.

The general turned to his prince. "She doesn't seem to be that impregnable," he grinned.

Ciaran put his head down on the bed. He sighed deeply. "I think I'm going to kill you, Marcellus," he said.

Amaya dived into her closet. She decided to show up at the farewell party with his concubines after all. Even though she didn't wear dresses, she had more than enough. There were dresses of all kinds of cuts and colors hanging on hangers. After a long time rummaging through them, she finally chose a black dress embroidered with golden flowers. In front, they were short to mid-thighs and in the back, there was a long train.

She chose them for two reasons, they matched Ciaran's gold and black suit perfectly and showed off the markings adorning her body nicely.

"The prince will definitely be happy to see you, miss," Mareena said as she braided her hair. "He might be trying to hide it, but he likes you. Everyone noticed."

"He's just nice and attentive," Amaya said. "He was dragged into the marriage involuntarily just like I was."

"Trust me, he's not nice just because he has to be. I've known the prince for a long time, miss, and no one has ever been able to make him do something he didn't want to do," said Mareena. "You must have impressed him."

Amaya involuntarily smiled at her words.

"Tell me, Mareena," Amaya said. "Prince Ciaran is not exactly King Mael's favorite son. How is it possible that as an illegitimate descendant, he still got the title of prince and rules this place?" she wondered.

"It was his grandfather, the former King Darius, who saved Prince Ciaran and gave him all this. Therefore, His Highness is not like his siblings. King Mael can no longer take his position from him. That's why he keeps sending the prince into battles, hoping to get rid of him." Mareena revealed to her. "Most of the kingdom would want him as king. He would make a good king."