Chapter 6-Whispers of the Night

Start from the beginning

I sat on the soft and comfortable couch facing Dr. Benjamin's desk. In the center of the room, a coffee table held a selection of magazines and a vase of fresh flowers, adding a touch of vitality to the space.

As I observed the environment around me, the door opened again, and Dr. Benjamin entered. He was a middle-aged man with graying hair and glasses that gave him an intellectual appearance. His face exuded serenity and empathy, qualities that made me feel at ease from the moment I first met him.

Dr. Benjamin had a calm and gentle way of speaking, always listening attentively and offering thoughtful insights. He was someone I trusted completely to help me understand and confront my issues.

Our previous sessions had been filled with deep and enlightening conversations, and I was confident he could help me decipher the meaning of these new nightmares that had resurfaced in my life. With a warm nod, he invited me to start sharing my thoughts and concerns.

Dr. Benjamin listened attentively as I shared the distressing details of the nightmare that had haunted me.

By sharing this nightmare with Dr. Benjamin, I could see how my words conveyed my fear and discomfort. He listened empathetically and then reflected on the meaning of the dream.

He explained that often, dreams are manifestations of our subconscious mind, a way in which our mind deals with past traumas, repressed fears, or present anxieties. In my case, he connected elements of the nightmare, such as the dark and ominous forest and the hands touching my hair, to the trauma I had experienced with the serial killer, as well as the growing anxiety related to my investigation of the killer.

Dr. Benjamin also suggested that the whispers and laughter in the dream could symbolize my sense that the killer was always nearby, watching and planning their next moves. It was as if my subconscious mind was trying to process the fear and tension I was experiencing in real life.

At the end of our session, he reassured me and emphasized the importance of continuing to explore these feelings and traumas together so that I could find healthy ways to confront them and move forward.

I left the appointment with a sense of relief, knowing that I was not alone in my struggle with my fears.

The next day, I woke up feeling calmer after the session with Dr. Benjamin. It was a sunny and pleasant morning, and I knew the field trip that was planned for the 10th-grade classes would be a great way to unwind. We were going to do volunteer work at a special location, and anticipation was in the air.

On the way to the field trip location, we were traveling by bus. I chose a seat next to Emily, and Daisy and Samantha sat together just ahead of us. Daisy was determined to be more assertive and was clearly making an effort to get closer to Samantha. It was noticeable how close they were, sharing laughter and lively conversations during the journey.

Emily, who was always insightful about relationship matters, chuckled and whispered in my ear that Daisy had caught Samantha's attention. I was surprised by the revelation, and Emily explained that while Samantha wasn't the most perceptive person when it came to romance, it was evident that she had feelings for Daisy. It was as if a cute and promising couple was forming right before our eyes.

While we watched Daisy and Samantha interact, I felt a wave of happiness for them. It was good to see that, even amidst all the challenges and concerns we faced, life continued to bring moments of joy and possibilities for new relationships.

When we arrived at the field trip location, Professor Sebastian was visibly excited and instructed us to form groups of six people. I, Emily, Daisy, and Samantha quickly grouped together, but we were still missing two people to complete our group. That's when Professor Sebastian approached us with two girls and introduced them.