Chapter 17

TW:// Rape

Hanni

I wince as I sit in my new comfy desk chair. The chair may be comfortable but it does nothing to ease the ache between my legs. It's all Minji's fault. Last night, she fucked me until I kicked her out. I needed sleep, and if she stayed in my bed, neither of us would get it.

God, did she ever fuck me, though.

Life after Yuta has been cold and difficult. But last night, I was on fire. Everything was easy. For once in a really long time, I relaxed and enjoyed myself.

A little too much.

With a grunt of frustration, I dig around in my purse to locate the morning-after pill I bought on the way to work this morning. I'm praying to God she's clean because we had sex carelessly four times without a condom. I quickly down the pill with my water bottle and put my purse away.

Heat creeps up my neck as I steal a glance toward her office. The door is closed, and I can hear Yi Chan's deep voice booming on the other side. Whatever they're talking about doesn't seem like it's good.

Once my computer is finally powered up, I find I have two emails waiting for me. The first is from Chanwoo and the second is from Minji. I ignore Ms. Fuck-A-Lot and open the important one. Chanwoo's sent me a Word document, listing all of all my new duties. I already do everything on the list each day, aside from manage people. After I reply to him that I received it and save it for easy access, I open Minji's email.

Hanni,
Last night was incredible. YOU are incredible. I want to take you to lunch.

-Minji

I smile because she's pretty incredible too. After my ex, I should be hesitant to dive right into something with someone—my boss no less—so quickly, especially considering she's extremely attentive but I can't help myself. Her magnetism draws me in.

Yuta was the same way…

I squash the thought because I refuse to let my past dictate my future. Minji is generous and thoughtful and sweet. She's not psychotic. I've worked for her for six long years, and although she'd been nicknamed Tiger for her eccentric ways, not one time had I thought she was an evil person.

She's just hyper-focused.

Obsessive about her company.

Driven to succeed.

But not a possessive lunatic.

I'm still trying to convince myself when Minji's office door creaks open, and Yi Chan steps out. His gaze darts over to mine. Guilt shines in his eyes. My heart rate speeds up, and I frown at him. He gives me a quick wave in greeting before stalking back to his office. I'm still staring at him when Minji comes sauntering out. She's scowling until she sees me. All irritation melts from her expression as her face lights up. And dammit, I feel my face lighting up too. I love how my presence seems to cheer her up.

"Good morning," I say with a smile.

She strolls over to my desk and sits on the edge. When she reaches out to toy with a strand of my hair, my eyes flutter closed and I exhale a tiny sigh. Her fingertips brush along my jaw and down my throat. I pop my eyes open when she touches the string of pearls my mother gave to me as a high school graduation present.

"I like this necklace on you," she praises, her dark brows pulled together as she inspects my jewelry. This necklace was the only thing I was able to take with me when I ran away from Yuta because I happened to be wearing it that day.