Five

⋆

.ೃ*:(Reader).ೃ*:

We were walking in a grassy forest, I was walking beside Evangelos and Amalia.

"Those loudly Iops and their duels."
Ruel sniggered.

"Honor doesn't pay, let me tell you. So just keep your head down. Keep out of trouble, that's what I say."
Ruel said, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Yeah, but it's a pretty cool way to look at things."
Yugo smiled.

"Don't bother, Yugo. Honor, courage, generosity. These are the values we Iops hold dear."
Dally scoffed.

"How do you expect an old Enutrof to understand the pleasures of confronting an enemy eye to eye."
Percedal continued.

I tuned out for the rest of their conversation, looking at the animals we passed by.

"Ugh, they're like a pair of jealous teenagers."
Evangelos said, rolling his eyes.

We reached the end of the forest and saw a hill leading down to a forest.

"Hey, look over there!"
Amalia gently elbowing me, I looked to where she was pointing.

"Great, it's a village. Perfect timing to do some shopping!"
Amalia said, smiling at me.

"Wow! What a place! Come on!"
Yugo exclaimed.

"Yeah but for how long? This valley won't escape Ogrest's chaos for much longer."
Evangelos glared at the pair.

"And how will the people survive when they have no more land to cultivate?"
He continued, I sighed and put my chin on his shoulder.

"Haha! Well, they'll just have to steal. Won't they? Then they'll become outlaws, and then Ruel Stroud will pick them up one by one for a nice reward."
Ruel smiled up at the sky.

"All he ever thinks about is getting rich off other people's misery."
Dally sighed.

"Are we going or what?"
I said, removing my chin from Evan's shoulder and staring at the rest of the group.

"Or are we just gonna argue here all day?"
Amalia added on.

"The youth of today."
Ruel said, putting his shovel over his shoulder and side eying us.