[ 024 ] Escapee

We were all minding our business when T-dog suddenly burst into the house, panicked.

It turns out Randall had escaped and was missing.

Rick looked around in the barn, trying to figure out how Randall had escaped. The door was locked from the outside, always. and Randall had been missing when T-dog went to go get him. There was no sign of Shane, either.

Everyone stood outside, anticipating what was to come next. We were worried, and scared. Randall was probably going back to his group of 30 men, and we'd likely be screwed.

I stood outside next to Lori. My arms were crossed and my eyebrows furrowed. I was trying to figure out myself how Randall had escaped, I thought of many possible scenarios as I kicked around some dirt.

Rick came out of the shed. "The cuffs are still hooked. He must've slipped 'em."

"Is that possible?" Carol questioned from behind me. I turned around to see a worried expression plaguing her face.

"It is if you've got nothing to lose." Andrea answered, stepping out of the shed.

Hershel inspected the door carefully. "The door was secured from the outside." He closed it.

"What are we gonna do?" Lori asked, looking to her husband.

"What can we do?" Glenn added. "Who know's how far he's gotten by now."

"We'll figure it out." Rick affirmed. He looked around, looking for any clues as to where Randall would've gone.

Lori sighed. Carol crossed her arms and shifted uncomfortably. Glenn scratched the back of his head and scrunched his nose.

I nervously licked my lips, looking around the farm. My eyes landed on a figure emerging from the woods.

Shane.

"Rick! Rick!" He yelled out, approaching us with his fists clenched. I could see he had blood dripping down from his nose.

"What happened?" Lori called out.

"He's armed!" Shane shouted, still striding towards us. "He's got my gun!"

"Are you okay?" Carl stepped forward.

"I'm fine. Little bastard just snuck up on me." Shane explained "He clocked me in the face."

That lanky kid got the jump on Shane?

"All right Hershel, T-dog. Get everybody back inside the house." Rick instructed. "Glenn, Daryl, come with us." Daryl reloaded his crossbow and Glenn walked towards Rick.

"T, I'm gonna need that gun." Shane pointed at T-dog.

"Just let him go." Carol spoke up. "That was the plan, wasn't it, to just let him go?"

"The plan was to cut him loose far away from here, not on our front step with a gun." Rick said sternly.

"Don't go out there-- y'all know what can happen." Carol tried to keep them here, but they walked towards the woods anyways.

"Get everybody back in the house." Rick turned his head before continuing to walk. "Lock all the doors and stay put!"

"Let's go, back in the house." Andrea guided Carol. T-dog put a hand on Maggie's back and directed her to the house as well.

I was behind Patricia as we all started towards the house. We climbed up the steps and once everyone was inside, we locked the doors.

Carol and I sat on the couch. Maggie paced around and bit her lip.