20) Find A New Place, Another Space To Invade, Another Brain To Decay

Start from the beginning

Nothing to look at, nothing to hear, to taste, to feel, to touch. It was the end of a whole world.

Everything I had grown used to, everything I had worked so hard to reach, everything I based my mentality on. They were going to make it all fade away by intruding my mind. Invading my place, messing with my head.

I felt a sharp pain spreading in my head, and instinctively brought my hands up to my temples, internally screaming. I tangled my fingers in my hair, letting my hands squeeze the soft locks, and trying my best not to cry.

My whines didn't matter for their operation, this was just a simulation after all.

No, the situation needed a radical change. I wanted him out, I wanted them all out. I let them in the first time, which was a mistake. I must show them the way out.

My mind won't accept parasites anymore.

"Get out of my head!" I shouted and elbowed both the therapists.

I felt a weird noise behind me, similar to glass breaking, and when I turned around to flash a look at the therapists, they were gone.

There was a familiar voice inside my head that repeated 'wake up'. It was the female voice that had been haunting my head for a while.

'Wake up.' It repeated. I didn't understand. I was starting to feel more unconscious, as if I was on drugs or something. The lights started to look dim to my eyes and there was a buzz on the ground that made my knees buckle.

I was still stuck in the ground, so I decided there was only one thing to do.

I was still conscious. Their plan failed, because I was conscious and aware that it was all a trick, I knew that wasn't reality nor a dream. It was just a world similar to what I used to see, one that they had built up to fool me. They thought this would've worked like hypnosis but this stuff won't work with me.

I needed to wake up.

"Get out of my head..." I breathed out. feeling my voice weak. I felt another buzz  below my feet. Dr. Hoppus just stared at me, and I lifted my head  up a bit to look him straight in the eye.

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!" I screamed and the buzz transformed into an earthquake, shaking the ground heavily.

I slapped my own cheek and let it burn. Another slap. The pain felt real, but the more real it felt, the closer I felt with the real world.

One final slap, and my eyes shot open.

By the time I woke up, I was lightly sweaty, gasping for air, and I jolted a bit in the mattress.

I saw the puzzled expression of both my parents and Dr. Hoppus, who was staring at the monitor. He tilted his head to the side, took off his glasses and scratched the back of his neck.

"It's the first time something like this happens... I don't understand..." he mumbled.

I ripped off the electrodes from my head and stood up quickly.

"You're not going to mess with my head ever again." I spat, to all of them, and rushed out of the room.

I took my jacket from the hanger and hurried out of the studio before my parents could catch up to me. I ran on the sidewalk, heading to the wood, and then to the cliff. I had always seen that path and that cliff as my only escape, a regular and permanent escape. I would always go there when things got rough.

I stopped running when I got there and stood still a little, trying to catch my breath. I looked ahead of me and my muscles relaxed a little.

What a beautiful blue sky. It was almost the sunset, the sky was already beginning to color.

I sat down and crossed my legs, staring at the wonderful set of the sky.

In a few minutes, it was already printed with different colors. Orange, red, hints of blue, opposite to the grey and white clouds. As the sun went down, the sky was growing darker. It gave me a strange, dark feeling.

The sky is bright all day, but then it takes so little time for the sun to go down and drown in the lower part of the sky, letting the dark take its place through the light.

I always imagined the day and night like two wonders exchanging shifts, always being equal. Still, seeing the sun collapse that way was a warm yet sad feeling. Probably, I'm just weird. But I see it this way.

Today was an experience I sooner or later needed to do. Dr. Hoppus said it could be a way to test myself, and he was right. I passed the test, I proved that I'm stronger than they think. Everyone was trying to break me, but they were far from me. Not only physically, there's a huge mental barrier that divides us. My mind's on another level.

I was leaving them behind by so many points. If they ran after me, I would run further. They weren't fast enough to keep up with me, and I think I had already won this battle.

I'm too far from them, too ahead.

They can take my sights, but they can't take me. (A/N: Huge referenceee)Because I made it 'til here, and I'm gonna make it 'til the end of my path.

This is not just all in your head.

A/N: Divergent much uh. It's pretty obvious what song by Pvris inspired this chapter, but damn it fit perfectly.

By the way I just realized that Mirrors is inspired to Bloody Mary and it changed my life.

Finally, I'm almost done writing this book. So yeah, hope you liked this.