The loss

Anne's POV
I'm so happy that Phillip and I have made up. I hate when we have a disagreement of any sort, and when we do, I can't help but think of all the worse case scenarios.

I wake up the next day to find that the place in the bed beside me is empty. I thought Phillip said we didn't have to go into work until later today.

"Oh, good, you're up." He steps into the room smiling, two cups of tea in hand. "I made breakfast."

"You're so sweet." I told him.

"Why, thank you." He says dramatically.

He sits down beside me on the bed, and we sip the tea in a comfortable silence for the next few minutes. Then we're ready to head downstairs for breakfast.

I get up to go downstairs, but Phillip grabs my hand, stopping me.

"Wait, I want you to close your eyes and let me guide you," he says softly.

"Ok..." I say reluctantly. I close my eyes and feel Phillip grab my hands and slowly take me downstairs. Wait, why do I hear birds chirping and the breeze against my back?

"Phillip, where are we going?" I ask, my mind getting more and more curious. "Just trust me" Phillip replies. A few moments later, I feel him stop.

"Ok, you can open your eyes in 3...2...1...!" He says. I open my eyes, and I'm instantly in awe. I can't believe this!

"So, what do you think of the surprise?" Phillip asks.

"Perfect. Shall we?" I ask.

"After you, m'lady" he says with a terrible British accent. We sit down and just talk and eat. A while later, we finally cleaned up and went to work.

Phillip and I walk into the tent hand in hand. We have a new set of shows coming up, and I want to perfect it.

"Anne, I'm reluctant to let you up there again." He whines.

"I'll be fine. No one here is going to cut the rope again. We'll just be more careful with security in the future."

"Alright." He sighed, pulling away from me very slowly.

Phillip's POV
I was really terrified to see Anne up there again. Was it really a good idea to let her up there without knowing who cut the ropes yet?

I don't know. I don't know anything anymore.

Anne begins to prepare going up, and I give her brother a look making sure he knows that he has to keep her safe up there.

Soon enough, Anne is in her element once again. I know immediately that she knows what she's doing and has complete control. Well, so I thought.

That night, the next show begins. I join the cast here and there, making sure that Anne is safe at all times. But as I'm looking again, I see two people sneaking around in black, heading towards the ropes with another knife!!

I sprint after them, ready to do whatever it takes to make sure that Anne doesn't get hurt again. I make it over to the ropes, just as the two people are about to cut the ropes again!

"Stop! You are in violation of the greatest show's rules: no intentional hurting any of the cast members, ESPECIALLY our leading acro-" I stop, because who I see is horrific.

"Mother!? Father!?"