The aftermath

Phillip's POV:
I watch Anne begin her routine, and I smile, knowing that she isn't scared of what people think of us anymore.

"Wait, why is the rope making that noise?" I say to myself, my heart beating faster.

Then, it happens. My greatest fear came true. The rope started falling rapidly, taking Anne down with it. I let out the loudest scream ever. I try to run as fast as I can, but I'm too late. Anne hits the floor, and becomes unconscious. My mind goes into panic, hoping to the universe that she is okay.

I quickly rushed over to her unconscious body collapsed on the floor. Security was quickly evacuating the building, and barely anyone was around at this point. Lettie was getting help quickly, and we would take Anne to the hospital.

At the hospital
When we reached the hospital, the doctors rushed Anne off, not allowing me to come with her or even give me any information on what was going on.

"What happened? What caused the rope to fall?" I asked W.D, pacing in the waiting room.

"I don't know, Phillip, but she's Anne Wheeler. She can push through. She's strong."

"I know, but-"

"Phillip, listen. Anne and I have been through a lot in our lives, she can get through this."

"Family of Anne Wheeler?" Someone finally called.

"That's us." I said, standing up from where I had just sat down.

"Sorry, I'm confused...you are her family?" The nurse asked.

"I'm her fiancé. Please tell me if she's okay!"

"She's...fine. Still asleep, but stable. No one knows what caused it yet."

"Will she be able to do her act again? Will she be able to...walk?"

"Yes, we expect so, but not for a while. You can see her...I guess?" The lady raised an eyebrow.

I walked into the room, and what I saw broke my heart. She looked uncomfortable and just upset altogether. When I was in the hospital, I couldn't talk or open my eyes, but I knew she was with me. I thought maybe she would like me to sing for her.

I walk over to Anne and take her hand, and I begin to sing.

"What if we...rewrite the stars, say you were...made to be mine. Nothing can...keep us apart, you are the o-one I was meant to find" as I finish, I can feel tears in my eyes.

Suddenly, I feel something squeeze my hand. I look up and realize that it was Anne! My heart feels a million times better, and that one little squeeze gave me hope that she would be okay after all.

The next day, I made my way to the tent. I reluctantly left the hospital, wanting to see if there were any signs of how the rope fell.

I stepped in, and immediately remembered the exact layout of the room when she fell yesterday. I looked around a bit, noticing the rope still laying in the center of the floor.

"Wait, what's-?" I looked over to the side of the room, noticing an area that one of the ropes was attached to.

The way the ends were cut were definitely not the results of It just falling. But then I saw it. A knife sitting on the ground by it as well as other tools that could be used to cut things. It wasn't just an accident. It had to be intentional.

Someone wanted to hurt Anne. And I would find out who it was.