Havoc

Later that evening, something strange happened. All the servants went outside and orders were yelled. Ciel seemed edgy, but held my hand, sweat forming on his brow.

I could hear guns being fired outside.

Strange enough, I was calm through most of the situation. Ciel dragged me to another part of the manor.

"Stay here!" He exclaimed, "Don't leave unless me or one of the servants comes to get you."

He was gone.

I stayed there quietly, the sounds of bullets drawing near. My muscles started twitching. I felt the need to run. To be free. To... Help.

So I did.

I ran outside, from the front entrance. Brilliant idea, (y/n). Mey-Rin wasn't wearing her big glasses and suddenly dragged me down under the bushes.

"Are you mad!?" She asked, suddenly replacing it with, "Uh- you need you be more careful, milady."

"What's going on?" I asked stupidly.

She just smiled and left me, shooting pistols. Wait, Mey-Rin can see without her glasses and shoot a gun?

Not too far away, Finny was swinging a tree around. That wasn't weird. But of course, I noticed the people shooting at me (and everyone else for that fact).

A man was lying dead a few feet away from me, so I quickly scooted out of the bush and grabbed his pistol, returning to cover.

How do you work one of these!?

I've seen them used, so I recalled that basic knowledge to try and teach myself.

The little trigger thing fired a mechanism which caused a round-ish metal bullet to exit the barrel at a high speed and with a force that could, if aimed correctly, be fatal to a human.

So I aimed.

Cocked the gun.

And I pulled the trigger.

I hit no one, of course, but there's got to be more rounds or something, right? This time I succeeded in shooting a man's leg, but that was the last bullet.

Grumbling, I threw the gun aside and started moving through the bushes. Definitely not something a lady of my class- the queen- should be doing.

"Ciel!?" I called, "Sebastian?"

After I called the butler's name, he was by my side in two seconds, "Milady?"

"What's happening?" I hissed.

"You really shouldn't be out here." He said, taking me to the garden in the back, quickly leaving afterwards.

I sighed, "Thanks."

Ciel was soon by my side, to my relief.

"Ciel!" I called, falling into his arms.

He immediately hugged me tight, whispering, "I'm so sorry, (y/n)..."

"No one is answering me... What is possibly going on?"

The bluenet smiled, "Just another attack, it's okay."

Everything seemed to be calm at that moment, even though everyone was in danger. The moon lit the whole battlefield, the stars shimmering like Ciel's eye.

I found peace in eye contact with Ciel. The whole world was at a stop.

Until a bullet sped past our heads, Ciel tucking my head under his arm.

"Stay down!" Ciel whispered loudly, crawling near the ground as more bullets flew past us.

The fear stuck me then.

I was afraid, I must say. Afraid of losing Ciel. I knew he couldn't die, but I could. I could die. And when I die, I lose Ciel. And that's it.

"Ciel, please! Can't we just run?"

[Watch as I try not to put another pun into this book. Watch as I fail and not put a band pun in, but a movie pun in.]

"They'll find us. Besides, what's running worth when we can stay safe right here? Everyone will protect you, (y/n)." Ciel's words didn't bring me comfort. I didn't want anyone to protect me anymore.

That's all I knew. Protection. "Protect the princess.", "Protect the queen.", "Keep her safe.", "Blah, blah, blah."

I wanted to be able to protect myself, even though I knew it was impossible.

So I sighed and stayed close to Ciel, weaving our way around the garden.
-
Eventually we came across a few dead men and Ciel kept me from vomiting. We took their weapons and Ciel reluctantly let me use mine.

It wasn't that difficult, though I found it hard to grasp the science behind the contraption. But I didn't need to know that, so I didn't let it bother me.

Staying close to Ciel was all that mattered.

Cock, aim, shoot.

[now don't be weird and laugh at the word "cock" because that's how it's worded it's called "cocking the gun" so stop thinking about that]

The people firing at us seemed to have endless ammunition and men. It was so very frightening!

"Ciel?" I asked, not looking at him.

He looked at me though, "Yes?"

"Duck!" I yelled instead, shooting behind him.

That's when I succeeding in shooting a man.

I killed that man.

I ended his life at my will.

I started gasping and wheezing, staring at his dead body only yards away.

Ciel attempted at calming me down, which worked after awhile. It took time away, which didn't help.

We felt the spot we took cover in was safe, me taking time to reload this gun. It felt so foreign in my hands, I hadn't even realised that before.

"Ciel, I really-" my sentence was cut off.

I looked down at my abdomen, where blood was leaking out of a hole in my skin.

What was strange though, was that time went by differently after that bullet was fired.

I could hear it. Feel it. See it.

I could taste the result, metallic blood.

Ciel's reaction. I could see every movement. Every leaf being disturbed, every voice.

I never wanted to leave this state of mind, but the pain began to override my thoughts.

"(y/n)!" Ciel was yelling, over and over.

The stars were visible from where I lay, though I couldn't think about the constellations I was taught.

"(y/n), don't move!"

I could only think of Ciel when my vision slowly faded into darkness. Beautiful darkness, away from the world. Far, far away. In a blissful world of my own.