Chapter 11: Love Song

Start from the beginning

Hanni pinches her lips and cocks her head at me with a hard stare. She's warning me.

"And…a heating pad. I heard those things help," I add, not as confidently.

Hanni rolls her eyes when Danielle isn't watching, but she doesn't say anything.

"All right, fine, but I swear, Minji…" Danielle points her finger at me like she always does. "You make one rude comment, I'll make sure all the single girls at the wedding think you're into men."

Hanni lets out a snort, bowing her head as she tries to stifle a laugh. I throw my arms up in defeat. "Why the hell does everyone think I'm into men?"

Hanni chimes in. "I told you. You give off a vibe."

Danielle gets interrupted by Lucas and walks out before I can rebuttal. I step behind Hanni and bend down to whisper in her ear, "I'd be more than happy to show you just how not into men I am."

"Keep it in your pants, mister," she whispers back. "I'm not that curious."

I chuckle, pressing my body even closer against hers. "You're not very convincing when your body shivers against mine and is basically begging for it." I feel her breath hitch. "Now meet me upstairs in ten minutes."

I walk out, leaving Hanni alone in the kitchen. A few moments later, Danielle says her goodbyes as she heads out, dragging Lucas with her. We're finally alone in the house, and I plan on making every minute count.

I head up to my room and wait for Hanni. She barges through the door, dressed in skinny jeans and a thin, long-sleeve shirt with her hair braided to one side, lying loosely over her shoulder.

"I still expect chocolate, ice cream, and chick flicks."

I lay on the bed, staring up at her, wondering how I'm going to keep my hands off her all day.

I swallow as she takes a step forward, putting her knee-length boots in view.

It's going to be a challenge… I tell myself.

"Chocolate and ice cream are no-brainers, but no chick flicks."

She eyes me, her arms crossed over her chest as if she's trying to think of a comeback.

She sighs and releases her arms. "Fine. Are you going to tell me what we're doing today?"

She looks tense and right now I can't help myself. So I do the only thing that'll help us both.

I stand up from the bed and before she can say anything else, I grab her waist and push her body against mine, my mouth covering over hers as I kiss her without any hesitation at all. She wraps her arms around my neck and pulls me in closer, one hand wrapped around her neck and the other secure around her waist, molding our bodies together.

She moans as our tongues intertwine in an effortless dance, heated and filled with wanton desire. I can feel how I affect her body the same way hers affects mine, but I won't give her the satisfaction of knowing I want it too.

I break the kiss and pull my body away from hers, just enough to see the disappointed expression flash across her face before she quickly wipes it off and looks up at me.

"There, now you can finally relax," I say as I brush my thumb over her cheek, her jaw quickly tightening.

"Why do you keep doing that? Kissing me and saying stuff like that?" She looks hurt and annoyed.

The corner of my lips curl up in satisfaction, knowing that she enjoys it every time I kiss her. "Admit it, you agreed to staying with me today hoping I'd kiss you again."