A very Palladium morning

Write a scene of a hectic morning in a family of witches

— Cornelia !

It was probably the first thing you could hear at the top of the morning in the Palladium's household as Cornelia, her sisters and her mother were getting ready to go to school.

— Shoot, I forgot my wand, where is it ? Cornelia cursed at herself.

— You should look into that messy room of yours, maybe it will magically appear ? Her mother sighed.

— There goes the unintended pun.

— Lia, I found your wand in the front holder ! Said one of her sisters, Flora.

Mister and mistress Palladium had four daughters and one son : Laurel, Lily, Cornelia, Flora and Marguerite. The eldest had already taken off the nest a while ago, to become a mage scholar. The four other sisters were all attending Aetherium Wizarding School where Lily should soon be graduated from. Cornelia was one year below her older sister and both Flora and Marguerite were in the same class, two levels lower, as the pair was born on the same day.

— Flora, Maggie, could you please finish getting ready, you'll be late for class and I'll be late for work.

Cora Palladium was a teacher at Aetherium. She covered ancient mysteries which consisted in basic magic history knowledge but, mostly, puzzle solving and investigating magic cases. The school wasn't very much far away from the family cottage, but you could still expect a thirty minute broomstick ride at best if there wasn't too much air. On the contrary, a cloudy weather could easily make you waste another thirty minutes.

— Mom, I'm not following you guys today ! Lily shouted from her room.

— Oh really, what a pleasant surprise ! Did I skip the part where you notify me that ? Cora said with sarcasm.

— Sorry, William just sent me a t-bat telling me he'd pick me up.

— I'm sorry what potion has gotten into you ? And what's a bloody t-bat again ? Cora asked frustrated.

— It's a text bat, said Flora and Maggie in unison.

Cora sighed, desperate to comprehend what was happening at this instant.

— If your father hears about this Lily, he'll turn you friend into a weasel.

— Come on mom ! Cornelia said with a grin. Everybody know Williams's the hottest wiz in the biz at Aetherium today, let's give Lily the opportunity to make her dreams come true.

By the end of the sentence, Cornelia felt her mouth drop, literally.

— That'll teach you to make fun of me, you hag's hex ! Lily laughed wickedly.

Cornelia tried to clap back but wasn't able to breathe a word.

— Lily, give your sister her mouth back please, we're lacking time here ! Cora said aggravated.

The blonde girl moved her wand near her sister's face and gave back her lips, internally wishing they'd be sealed forever.

— Well, girls, said the mom calmly. I get that we're not as organized as we are usually, today. But can we please try to make this morning work ?

The four little witches nodded and all gathered their belongings.

— Lily, you can follow William today but stay careful, please ! Cora said to her daughter gently. My other little witchlings, get your sticks ready because we're going.

— Say hi to your cauldron of a love for me, Lil', Cornelia said.

Lily ignored her sister's comment and sat in front of her opale moonlit mirror, waiting for her friend.

Cora looked at her eldest daughter, quickly glancing at her to stay calm. She then secured the twins on their sticks and whistled loudly to call out something out the dark. It was Norton : their pet thunderbird, lighting the girls through the dusk's darkness. The mother inhaled and ordered the creature to guide them to Aetherium. As they left their feet off the ground, a swoosh was heard through the woods : the day had officially begun.