Pumpkin spiced lover

Write a story called "Pumpkin spiced lover"

There was this feeling in the air which came as a breeze in Alba's heart. It was a familiar scent, a delightful colored mist slowly settling in the town she grew up in. Fablehaven Glen had its fair share of visitors every year. And that's because it held its annual Autumnal Barn Festival. Tourists from each corner of the country came to enjoy the town's sweetest delicacies and activities. The village was suspended on a huge rock, which was rather unusual for a southern town. It also held a spectacular castle, which one would be cast with doubt about the American history as the monument appereared to be gothic and medieval.

Alba lived in a remote part of the town, far away from the noisy curious tourists. However, she couldn't ignore them very long, as she was part of the annual event. She didn't even mind them at all. According to the young woman, Fablehaven Glen needed these sorts of events to keep its wealth. To stay put during that busy time, she kept a very punctual routine which consisted in a relaxing morning filled with pumpkin spice flavored coffee and a nice cosy book to read. The relaxing didn't last long, though. Days during the Autumnal Barn Festival started at a dusking six o'clock and could be held until past midnight.

Even though fatigue was getting the best out of her mood, the thirty-five year-old plucked up the courage to put on her overalls which she chose out of comfort. There was nothing more soothing for her than slipping into a cozy outfit, it felt like drinking her morning pumpkin spiced coffee. Actually, there she was heading : the pumpkin barn. After slipping on her coat and locking her door behind her, Alba took the usual route to the Autumnal Barn Festival's location. The leaves were slowly turning a crimson red but the air wasn't yet cold, at most it was chill. The path she took led her to a cute, small stone bridge which she usually stayed on for a minute if time let her. But there wasn't a minute to spare. Her eyes focused on the next town sign indicating where the event took place.

Firmly stepping one foot after another, Alba recited all that had to be done before the arrival of all the visitors : icing, ornaments, molds. Her head lift up as she met with her friend and superior Vivien.

Vivien was the same age as Alba, they met a few years ago as Vivien moved away from New Jersey through a tough divorce. She owned a bakery which did greatly in the town back where she used to live. But Vivien couldn't see herself staying in a place where so much harm had been done, she was partially to blame for what had happened with her then-husband. When she heard about the festival of Fablehaven Glen, Vivien saw a brand new start reaching out to her. She stashed all her baking equipment in boxes and flew all the way to the small town, eager to meet new people.

Alba understood her a lot. She had herself gotten into tricky relationships which all tasted bitter at the end. She didn't really aspire to meet anybody, all she wanted was to live happily where pumpkin spice could be smelled.

"Viv", she said as she was still processing all of the thinking she did on her way.

"Alba, honey, you're late."

"If you look at the clock, you'll notice that I'm actually very much on time" Alba responded with a sigh.

"Why do you look so aggravated ?" asked the bakery owner.

"I've been processing all that needs to be done today for the event next week and there's no way I can do this alone."

"That's why we're in this together, Alba. We've been doing this for five years now" said her friend gently.

"Yes, but as seen as we both haven't done the whole of our parts, I don't know how we'll be finished by the time the festival starts" Alba said annoyed.

The two women stared at the truck they rented for the occasion.

"You know what, you may be right. We might want to hire someone to help us through" Vivien suggested.