26. Not Like That

"DAVINA!" Rhaenyra cried out.

"What's wrong?" Davina questioned she leaned back against Fury his warmth radiated off of him as she moved back inside.

"Father is going to marry me off!"

"What? No," Davina assured. "I can fix this." Davina assured pushing open her door.

"The Velaryons are making a pact with the sea snakes of Braavos or some nonsense!" Rhaenyra declared her foot falls aggressive as she followed Davina. Helaena's little cries could be heard down the hall. 

"So we are making a pact with the sea snakes?" Davina questioned.

"Velaryon's." Rhaenyra rasped out.

"Laenor?" Davina scoffed out. "You and him? Please men know nothing! We can get you married sooner, pick someone, I will vouch for you, you don't want Laenor, trust me on that." Davina assured her.

"The council has already decided." Rhaenyra sobbed out. 

"The council does not have more power than the kings favorite little sister." Davina told her confidently. "We can stop this. Get some rest, I will talk to Viserys." Davina assured.

"Thank you Auntie." Rhaenyra said hugging her tightly. 'Good night, Ser Criston.' Rhaenyra said as she retired for the night.

'Sleep well, Princess.' She closed the door only to see a bag in her room, she dumped out the contents and it revealed dirty clothes, rags really and a scroll. She opened it up and it wasn't a note but a map. She looked at the wall paneling. She pushed the bench away and a hidden passageway opened up she stumbled in.

' Whoa!' she said breathlessly as she looked down at the staircase. She changed into the clothes following the passageway she wasn't surprised to see Daemon waiting for her. he grabbed her hand leading her down the steps. If Davina wanted to play games, Daemon could play games. If Davina wanted to flaunt around Tommen then Daemon would make her regret it. 

'Where are we going?' she questioned as they wandered through the streets, Rhaenyra had never been out after dark, not like this. She was surprised and amazed at everything and everyone. She got to be no one.

'fսck off, boy.' A drunk man said stumbling into her. Rhaenyra gasped giddy

'He called me boy.' Her laughter echoed as she followed daemon through flee bottom. Her worried thoughts faded the more time she spent with Daemon.

"Can we talk about that kiss?" Tommen questioned falling into step with Davina. 

"No. I'm sorry, that was weird right?" Davina agreed. 

"I... liked it." Tommen countered. 

"You dont have to lie, it was weird." Davina corrected. Tommen tensed, pursing his lips. "I'm sorry, I just wanted Daemon to know he wasnt an option."

"Am not an option either am I?" Tommen realized. 

"What?" 

"I... You just see me as a friend." Tommen realized. 

"my very best friend." Davina agreed. TOmmen sighed nodding slowly. "What?" 

"I love you Dav." 

"I love you too." Davina assured. 

"I love you like... I love you more than you love me." Tommen countered. 

"I don't... oh." Davina hesitated. "I didnt realize." 

"Really?" Tommen countered. 

"You are my best friend TOmmen, I fuck up relationships but not you because things are not messy with us." Davina remarked. "I... I'm sorry if you thought, if... I'm..." Davina didnt know what to say.