Chapter 1+2 Rewrite

Coral POV*

 It's been about a week since we moved into our new home. I guess it's been fun, though everyone hasn't moved in yet. Nightshade (umbreon) and Echo (espeon) are still bringing in stuff, while Moon (sylveon) hasn't arrived yet. We also haven't found a jolteon yet, as the only one I knew, well, let's just say we don't talk about him anymore. After thinking about him for a solid ten minutes, I decided to actually get up out of bed and help around the house. Well, after my daily walk of course. After getting up, I walked out to the kitchen to meet up with Banana (leafeon), as she had asked me if she could come with me the other day. I assumed she wanted to talk to me about something. "Hi Banana, you ready to go?", I asked. "Y-Yeah", she said, stuttering a little. Know I knew that something was bothering her. "Alright, then, let's go", I said before walking out the door. Banana followed.

We walked until the house was out of view. I then asked her a question. "So, what's wrong? Its Plasma isn't it", I said. "Wow you saw right through me. It just, feels wrong that there isn't a jolteon here. He shouldn't have died", Banana muttered. "Look, we still can't lose hope. Our brother could still be okay", I said. "Three long years of him being missing isn't exactly reassuring. Even if he did come back, he'd be a totally different mon than he was back then. We might not even recognize him! What am I even talking about. He's dead and I'll never see him again", she said with fear in her eyes. I was sort of speechless, as there's only so much I can do not being her real sister. But, luckily for me Cycle (glaceon) had heard the commotion outside and came out to check on her sister.

"Sis, you know he's not coming back. If he could have, he would have years ago. You have to get over him. I know he was probably the best mon any of us have known, but he's dead", Cycle sternly told her sister, as this had happened many times before. Normally that brings Banana back to her senses, but this time it didn't help. Banana just sat down and cried. "Alright, let's just move on, that should help. Cycle, you can come with us if you'd like", I said. She nodded. After that, we walked for a solid ten seconds before we saw a sylveon dragging a suitcase walking towards us. "Excuse me, is your name Coral?", she asked me. "Yes, you must be Moon", I said. She nodded. "Um, could I have directions to the house? I sort of got lost", Moon asked me.

Cycle jumped in to answer this question because she knew I was horrible at directions. "Just follow the road we came from and the first house you see should be ours", Cycle said. "Thanks! I should probably follow you three so I can get to know you a little bit better, but I don't exactly want to carry this suitcase around much longer than I have to", moon said before waving goodbye and running off. "I guess we should actually finish our walk now, shouldn't we?", Banana said, obviously still feeling down after earlier. Cycle and I nodded in agreement. We walked in silence after that. Well, until we reached the beach that is. As we arrived, I could tell that Banana was getting sadder by the second, but I decided that it was best for Cycle to comfort her. She tried. It didn't work. By the time we had walked a quarter mile down the beach, Banana was once again in tears. Both Cycle and I rushed to comfort her, but it didn't help. Both the strain of moving and the fresh reminder of our loss was too much for her.

Neither me nor Cycle knew what to do in this situation, as this was the first time this has happened without Cycle's parents to help. We simply decided to keep on walking. Well, more accurately, we decided to turn back. We got back to the entrance to the beach, as there was a small hike to actually get to it. That's when I saw it, a light green, thing, on the side of the beach we didn't visit. "Hey, Cycle, I see something over there, I'm going to check it out", I said as I began walking that direction. "Please don't take too long", she said in a tired voice, as comforting Banana had been difficult on both of us. As I walked closer to the object, I quickly realized that it wasn't an object, but most definitely a Pokémon. "Um, guys, there's a fainted Pokémon on the other side of the beach", I said, surprising the others. They both immediately ran over to me so they could see the Pokémon. It definitely wasn't normal whatsoever. It seemed to be a shiny jolteon, but with features I've only seen on a quadrupedal mon before. It had wings, small horns, and a small coating of scales underneath it's fur. That's definitely not mentioning the tail. Jolteon definitely don't have tails!