Calamity befall this nation

At the time of Egeria's era, Fontaine was at its fastest in progressing as a nation. Its political system was well working as the soldiers were strong, the police were swift, and detectives took care of the injustice behind mysteries and cases.

The court of Fontaine was the only thing lacking. Many times an accused citizen is sent to the Fortress of Meropide as guilty when in truth they weren't. Even though the detectives were the ones helping on multiple court cases, the judge and people pushed their beliefs, and injustice was made.

The judges of the court changed frequently as the citizens and even other nations took any chance to take them down for the mistakes they've made.

Fontaine wasn't known for anything big. Maybe its fast progress in technology and making entertainment, but nothing major. Other nations would easily beat them and as the world was still quite war-driven, that was a threat to Fontaine.

Egeria wanted to be the one to change this and take matters into her own hands. The world was bathing in injustice.

The result of these thoughts was a creation. A creation personally made by Egeria.

Egeria was a ruler of Fontaine and on the outside wasn't any different from the other nation's rulers. She was not very public with her life and kept to herself. She detested the other nation's rulers. They were made of filthy blood.

How did she know this? Egeria was a rare case among humanity. She was born of pure royal blood and possessed unnatural powers, unlike others. She was an outsider among humanity.

She had never made use of her powers due to the fear of her people discovering this. Despite that, she created the Oratrice. Shaping it of pure water that went against the filth of this cruel world.

The citizens did not suspect it in the least and thought it was made of the latest technology. They believed in their ruler wholeheartedly. They were filled with hope against injustice.

That hope vanished into thin air instantly as the next court case was brought up. The Oratrice was not working. It wasn't that it made false verdicts, it was that it made no verdicts at all.

Egeria knew what the problem was instantly. The Oratrice needed a judge it could trust, someone with pure origins who was ready to carry the filth of others. There were no such people in Fontaine, even Egeria.

Egeria might've been born from pure royal blood and made the Oratrice herself but that didn't change the fact that she'd killed her own parents and the previous judges who lost their position in court.

The judges had been granted a highly trusted position in the name of justice, only to end up serving injustice. They were made of the dirtiest blood and it would smear on others. Being killed by Egeria's hand was what they deserved.

In her parents' case, they had expectations for Egeria. Her father wasn't of royal blood, which meant he wasn't Egeria's actual father. When Egeria's unnatural powers flared up, her father knew what was up and it led to an awful situation. Egeria could hear her mother screaming, the voice echoing along the hallways. Her parents were both filthy. Her mother had a child with another royal, claiming it was her husband's. Her father abused her mother ever since due to his anger and feelings of betrayal. Every time Egeria saw her mother after the screaming slowly quieted down, she was covered in scars and bruises all over her body, and her hair was disheveled and full of clumps. One day she even had a whole chunk of her hair ripped out.

Egeria's father never did anything to Egeria but he began ignoring her. Her mother didn't respond to her either and stared at a wall, nodding her head all day long soullessly. Her family was broken and full of filth and injustice. She would not get to live in peace as long as either of them existed in this world and so, they deserved to be killed by Egeria's hand. Egeria was ten when she killed her parents.