Chapter 5: Always a Bigger Fish

Start from the beginning

"Shit" Reaper thought as he fell to his knees after crashing through the last wall. "All he did was kick me and it did this much damage." He raised his hand and placed it onto where Gravedigger kicked him. The part of his exosuit that covered his left eye had cracked in multiple areas. "What a monster."

Before Reaper could stand, a chain burst through the building in front of him. It pierced through the air and hit what should have been his body. Yet the chain did not pierce Reaper's body, but the wall behind him. Landing on the ground hard enough to create a crater, Gravedigger saw how his chain had failed to pierce Reaper.

Gravedigger scanned the area seeing no sign of Reaper. "Where'd you go bitch?" He yelled in annoyance. "I was just starting to have some fun."

After Gravedigger took a step forward, Reaper's arm burst out of his shadow and stabbed a knife into his back. Unfortunately for Reaper, Gravedigger was expecting this. In a split second, Gravedigger whipped around, grabbed Reaper by the arm and yanked him out of the shadow.

Doing the same to Reaper as he did to him, Gravedigger smashed him face first into the ground. He then let go of Reaper's leg and grabbed the back of his head. Smashing his face into the ground, Gravedigger dragged Reaper's face through concrete for a couple yards until he raised him up and threw him into the air.

"I thought you were supposed to be strong!?" Gravedigger laughed as he jumped into the air to follow Reaper. "Right now, you just seem like nothing more than a-" He phased right up to Reaper's side and sent a devastating punch into his face. "BITCH"

A shockwave of black energy exploded from Gravedigger's fist, propelling Reaper towards the ground. But instead of crashing into the ground, he fell into his own shadow. And a moment later he rose from a shadow a couple feet away, arms crossed, and head held high as if nothing had happened.

Reapers exosuit was already repairing itself as he raised his head to look at the falling Gravedigger.
"What a monster." He thought as Gravedigger landed on the ground.

"You're finally starting to understand now aren't you." Gravedigger observed.

"Understand what?" Reaper questioned.

"Not the sharpest tool in the shed now are we." Gravedigger mocked. "What I'm talking about is the gap between your power...and mine. Not that it would be fair to compare such vastly different things."

"What are you trying to say?" Reaper asked angrily.

"It's just that" Gravedigger laughed as his smile widened sinisterly. "Your so damn weak."

As much as that statement pissed off Reaper, he could not deny the truth behind it. The gap between their power became quite visible after Reapers initial sneak attack. Everything after that moment had been an uphill battle that Reaper had no chance of winning. But that is what happens when you challenge the strongest.

Shifting his foot under a piece of rubble, Reaper kicked it into the air. After catching it Reaper drew his arm back and threw it at Gravedigger. Wondering if Reaper was an idiot or not, Gravedigger backhanded the piece of rubble. This broke the piece of ruble, sending pieces of it flying beside Gravedigger.

As those pieces of ruble flew past Gravedigger, he examined how Reaper still stood there. He was wondering what he was up to until a spike made of black energy shot out from a piece of the ruble into his shoulder. Then, from the shadows on the ground the rubble made, even more spikes of energy burst up aimed towards Gravedigger.

"Good!" Gravedigger yelled as he phased forward, dodging the spikes.

Gravedigger's outstretched hand reached out for Reaper but failed at grabbing him. Falling back into his shadow, Reaper jumped up out of Gravedigger's shadow. Flying up, Reaper kicked Gravedigger in the face, spun midair and delivered another kick into his face. The first kick only made Gravedigger stumble backward for a moment but the second is where Reaper attributed his power.