The Fairest of Them All

Start from the beginning

Raven wasn't exactly... villain material. He was actually quite a lovely person, and Apple didn't mind that. He didn't want his friend to change who he was to make his story come true. Poisoning him didn't mean he had to become a bad person, it just meant he had to play his role in his story. Then he could go back to being his usual kind self. But to be able to poison him in the first place, Raven needed an opening. Apple smiled as he arrived at the spiral staircase that went up the tower to his new dormroom

'And what better opening is there than sharing a room?', the blonde thought as he started scaling the stairs.

It hadn't taken much to convince Headmaster Grimm to let him room with Raven. A few bats of his eyelashes and a promise to mention his helpfulness to his mother had been all it took to get his room assignment swapped with Maddock Hatter's. Now the Wonderlandian would be rooming with Katz Cheshire, not that Apple thought he would mind.

And so, now Raven had his opening. He would sign the Storybook of Legends in a few weeks, poison him sometime within the next year or so, and Apple would get his happily ever after. He giggled to himself. Everything was going according to plan.

Once Apple got to the top of the tower, he walked down a hall until he reached a door several yards down on the right. Taking a deep breath, he plastered an award-winning smile on his face and knocked, before opening the unlocked door.

"Oh roomie, I'm home~!", he chirped, perfectly ready to explain away any questions Raven might have about his new living situation. Only, as the door creaked open, it didn't reveal Raven. Apple blinked in confusion and looked down the short hallway that led into his room.

"Raven? Are you there?", he asked, gently closing the door behind him as he slowly walked into his bedroom, the clicking of heels being the only noise heard in the dorm.

Once Apple got to the interior of the room, he looked to the left side, which had been designated as Raven's side. There was no one there, only a few half-unpacked suitcases and several large shopping bags from the shops in Bookend. Apple tilted his head at the sight.

"That's odd, Headmaster Grimm said he would be here. Maybe he's out with Maddock? No, I saw him in the castleteria earlier.", the blonde muttered to himself. Then he shrugged and turned around. If he was gonna be stuck here alone, he might as well do something useful and unpack.

"I guess he'll come back later-AH!", Apple said, before being cut off by his own scream.

He hadn't been looking where he was going and had gotten the high heel of his shoe caught in the strap of one of his suitcases that one of the school cleaning staff had left on the floor for him to unpack. Apple closed his eyes and braced himself for the harsh impact of his fall, only to breathe a huge sigh of relief when he fell forward onto his bed and not the hard ground, and had been able to catch himself with his hands. Then he realized two things; one, there was someone in his bed, and two, they were moving.

'Oh my spell!', he gasped in his head. Reluctantly opening his eyes, Apple was greeted by the sight of a beautiful girl grinning up at him with sharp white fangs. Then he realized that by catching his fall with his hands, he had effectively caged her onto the bed with his arms. Apple blushed, embarrassed at the compromising situation he had found himself in, but the girl seemed amused and pleasantly surprised.

"Well well well, look at what we have here. A pretty little bed crasher.", the girl purred in a sultry voice. Apple gulped at the sexual tone she was using. It was making feel nervous and hot all at the same time

"I-I-I'm s-sorry for waking you m-miss.", Apple apologized nervously, stuttering in a very unprincely manner. Then he cursed himself mentally for apologizing. She was in his bed, in his room! She shouldn't even be there in the first place! She should be the one apologizing, not him! He was about to say that to her face, when she chuckled and sat up, practically looming over him.