"Then don't. I never asked you to cover for me. I do those pranks because I want to. It's fun watching you prim and proper reapers get all bent outta shape by a few pool noodles. I don't make any trouble I can't get myself out of. I can take the heat, William.", Sabrina assured the man. William began to look even more worried.

"No, you can't! Not with you being who you are! If headquarters finds out who and what you are, they'll- !", William protested with more emotion than most people ever saw out of him. Sabrina rolled her eyes. She had heard this speech a million times before.

"-have me executed for the crime of existing because of the whole 'half-demon thing'. Yeah yeah, I know, Will. But you know what? That might not be so bad, because I'm a bad bitch and hell will cower before me. Yeah, I can see it now! I'm part human, so I'll go to hell when I die. Then I'll usurp Lucifer and his Gucci Gang and become the new ruler of hell while screaming 'Montero' by Lil Nas X at the top of my lungs and- !", Sabrina yelled with crazed excitement. All three reapers started to look worried for what was left of her sanity at those words, even Grell. William was the one to cut her off.

"Sabrina, you're going off on a tangent.", William told her. Sabrina blinked in surprise and frowned. She hadn't even noticed.

"Sorry.", she apologized. William sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose as he set Sabrina back onto her feet

"I just don't want you to get yourself into something you can't get yourself out of.", he finally admitted. Sabrina looked at him weirdly.

"Why?", she asked in bafflement. Compassion flooded William's eyes.

"Because I care about you.", he stated. Sabrina glared at him, skeptical of the affection.

"Why do you care? Why am I so important to you? I'm just some kid with a sucky dad! You're not obligated to take care of me!", she yelled, clenching her fists at her sides. William's eyes glazed over. He looked like he wanted to cry, but was stopping himself with sheer willpower.

"Yes I am, because I- !", he started to yell, but stopped himself when he realized he was about to blurt out something he shouldn't. The glaze vanished from his eyes, as did the compassion. He was back to being the stiff man everyone knew him as.

"Because whether you want to believe it or not, I care about you. And I refuse to stand by and act like I don't, even if you would prefer if I did.", he told her seriously, and then he walked out of the alleyway and onto the busy street, disappearing into the crowd. Sabrina watched him go with a scowl, and both Ronald and Grell gave her sympathetic looks.

"You shouldn't be so hard on him, ya know. He's just trying to look out for you.", Ronald told her gently as he placed a hand on her shoulder. Grell nodded in agreement.

"Yes, he cares about you more than anyone. You're the only one he's willing to break the rules for.", Grell tacked on. Sabrina narrowed her eyes in worry at the place where William once stood.

"Yeah, and that's why I want him to stop caring.", she replied.

Sabrina knew that if William kept covering up her pranks (and very existence by extension), he might very well get the same punishment as her if she was ever found out; death. Grell and Ronald caught on to the sullen air around her and decided it was best to change the subject.

"That dreary subject aside, how has Germany been treating you darling?", Grell asked sweetly as she took Sabrina's hand into her own and led her out of the alleyway as she swung it back and forth, with Ronald quietly trailing after them. Sabrina shrugged.

"Fine, I suppose. I've only been here a day, so not much has happened.", she said, grateful for the subject change. Grell laughed.

"Well, you know what they say, so much can change in a day! In a world like this, excitement awaits around every corner!", the redhead said in a sing-song voice. Sabrina rolled her eyes at her friend.