The Frozen Heart Of A King

Laufey stayed quiet for the next six months and Loki got out of the cast, the team trained nonstop trying to make sure that everyone was in top condition in case the snow snake showed his head. During the time that the team had off they all went back to Asgard and Thor passed the crown down to Loki, Aquata and Loki dressed in muted colors, Aquata's dress was gold with accents of green and purple and a long train, Loki in armor of golds and silvers with greens in his cape, both of their hair down and flowing in the wind with no head accessories what so ever. As they stood waiting for the precession to enter the cathedral for the coronation Loki just looked at Aquata nervous and he imagined that was what she looked like just before she walked to him the day that they combined their futures. The doors finally opened and the group walked into the cathedral and to their positions, Thor sitting in a copy of his throne in the castle, Loki and Aquata walked down a solder lined isle to kneel before Thor, Thor then arose and spoke "Loki son of Laufey, prince of Asgard and Aquata daughter of Neil, Princess of Asgard, today is the day that you ascend to the next great position King and Queen of Asgard. Today is also the day that you ascend to become all-father and all-mother. May your reign be long prosperous and glorious for all who live in Asgard. Now rise and accept the throne." Thor concluded as Aquata and Loki stood and walked up to the area that Thor was standing and turned to the crowd behind them, then Thor and Jane came over and placed their crowns onto their heads, Aquata's looking like a silver version of Loki's horn headband with lilac accents, and Loki's being the same in gold with green accents. The crowd cheered Loki took the spear from Thor and picked up the orb, Aquata picked up the Queen's Diamond and the scepter she has been training with and they both lifted them to the air and the crowd all said in unison "All hail King Loki and Queen Aquata" then they applauded as the new king and queen walked out to the coach waiting for them to go back to the castle. Only to go back to the tower with a small scare of a Frost giant being spotted in the artic. The scare was enough to keep all avengers on high alert for all villain activity making sure the world was safe.

Fury kept guards on the Asgardian family consistently still not being positive what Laufey meant in his speech about the next time they met having dire consequences. Five months after Loki had gotten his cast taken off there were reports of snow and frozen conditions in the finger lakes region in the late spring so the Avengers went to investigate, they landed at the Finger Lakes regional Airport and drove over to Cayuga lake to see it completely solid with ice, Aquata tired her best but none of her attempts proved to work, "this is what happened last time Laufey was nearby, he's here" Aquata pointed out, the others walked down the shore aways looking for any sign of the frost giant leaving Aquata to keep trying to thaw the lake at the start point, when, from behind she heard a deep laugh then she was yanked back into the woods behind her screaming, Loki heard Aquata's scream and ran back to find Aquata missing all that was there as any sign of her presence was her helmet on the ground with a piece of paper attached inside, "Aquata!" Loki called, no answer Loki kicked the helmet and looked down, "Her helmet" Loki said as he bent down and picked it up, the note fluttered out. "What's this?" Thor asked picking up the note, "Loki King of Asgard, as you may now know I have kidnaped your bride. If you want her back, come to the remote cave five miles south of the location you found this, come alone, and come un-armed. If you fail to comply to these conditions, she dies." Loki read the note, "I'm going" he stated starting to walk south "Loki, wait we have no clue what waits ahead, let's come up with a plan first" Thor protested, but Loki kept walking not listening to his brother he wanted his wife back and there was no stopping him till he got what he wanted.

Deep in the cave Aquata struggled against the giants restraining her "Loki is going to rip you limb from limb when he gets here" she spat at the frost giant king, Laufey turned away from the mouth of the cave to look at her, "oh I'm hoping he is looking for a true fight, he stands no chance anyhow. As soon as he enters this cave he is dead and you will be able to witness his demise" he said as he walked over and forced her head to look at him. This caused her to lift off the ground straining her airway. Loki getting into the mouth of the cave and seeing the display in front of him felt his anger grow, "Put her down!" Loki yelled causing all frost giants to look in his direction and swarm and capture him dragging him to Laufey. "Welcome traitor, we were expecting you" Laufey said slyly as an injured Loki was frozen to the ground and Aquata was dropped to the floor, she went over to Loki to assess his injuries and put his head in her lap he was beaten up pretty good and flinched when she touched his left arm around the shoulder, she hung her head in lost hope then out of the corner of her eye she caught the glint of the scepter over on a rock not too far away from her. Keeping her eye on Laufey as he continued on about how they would both be killed and turned into statues for his ice sculpture garden back at his palace by him freezing their hearts, she used her powers to have a small wave grab the scepter and bring it over to where she could hide it under her skirt and away from Laufey's sight. Loki laid in pain not truly paying attention to the frost giant and was looking for a route of escape when he noticed Aquata moving the scepter to herself. When Laufey was finished with his whole sepal to his hostages he went over and grabbed Loki from his wife's lap breaking  the ice holding him in place and held him up ready to begin to freeze Loki'sheart "You're first traitor, any last words for me" Laufey hissed as he touched his finger to Loki's chest. Acting purely on instinct in the moment Aquata grabbed the scepter from under her dress and grabbed all the frost giants in the cave in the same gold magic that she had used on the piano the first time she tried any magic with the stone Laufey dropped Loki in the shock of the stone grabbing him, Loki not moving after hitting the floor. Aquata then brought all the giants out of the cave and activated her tracker for the team to come find her.

After the jet landed and all the giants had been secured in the containment field Stark had built to control Loki when he was in his frost giant mode, Aquata went to check on Loki, he was as cold as ice when she went to grab him, he was alive but just barely, Aquata was unsure of how to warm him up without killing him all she could do was wrap him in blankets and hold him close all the way back to the tower where she and Strange put him in a tub filled with hot water, Aquata was worried because every time Loki was this cold he was in his frost giant form, but here he was still his normal god form and she was unsure of the effects this may have on his body. It was about a week later that Loki awoke to Aquata keeping a bubble of hot water on his chest where his heart was, he noticed scabbed over cuts running across her face and neck, no doubt from his no-good birth father, he tried to speak at first nothing but then a soft "Aquata" came from his mouth, Aquata looked at her husband and stroked his hair, "I'm here love, welcome back." After awakening Loki was transferred from the tub to his and Aquata's bed but he was still kept warm by a mountain of blankets and heaters, Loki was upset that he was out of the game, again, but as he rested down in the prisoner holding facility Laufey escaped and went back into the shadows determined to make his birth son and his bride the centerpiece of his garden.