Chapter 2

HERMES

Nowadays

Wednesday 20 May 9:58 PM

                I put some of the clothes I wanted in my bag, and zip the closure. I don't know if I'm leaving now or tomorrow morning. I wanna get back to the apartment so; I guess my choice is made.

I'll drive and it's night. Hell yes.

I throw my bag in a corner of the room and get on my bed, with my phone but before I can even do anything, dad is calling me from the kitchen.

I wonder how we can hear what's happening in the kitchen when this house is so huge. It's not even a house, it's a mansion, a modern manor.

I get up from the bed, sighing because I know this will not go the way I want. It never does.

I walk all the corridor to finally arrive in the kitchen, where my dad is, on the kitchen island in front of his computer.

He stands up.

"Okay so, we need to have a discussion." He declares, making hand gestures.

"About?"

"Your inheritance."

Fuck no. I don't wanna talk about that. Why now?

He did not plan to die right away, even though death could happen at any time. He is probably taking precautions to keep his fortune in the family.

"Come, take a seat." He continues, and I don't listen.

He takes a deep breath, frustrated.

"I looked at the properties, and managed to break the tie. You'll get a third of it, and the hotel in California. Camille will have a third too, and Ezekiel the last part."

"Why do I have to have the hotel? And not Camille?" I spoke a little too fast, I already know the answer.

"You're the oldest. And you're the one I trust more. You're worthy of it."

"And Camille isn't?"

"I didn't say that."

"But you didn't say she was."

He pauses, understanding what I am doing, and goes to sit in front of his computer. He wants to keep going.

"I can't tell how much money I'll have when I die since I can't predict how much I'll have. But at least forty million. Plus everything you already have."

So that will let me at least a billion, because the properties are worth a lot. Plus what I already have. I don't see the point in doing this now.

"Alright." I sigh, starting to walk towards the corridor.

"I didn't finish, Hermes."

My legs stand still. I don't turn around, and I don't want to discuss this. I'm lucky it didn't degenerate this time. I won't push it. I gently turn around, and speak, "I don't want to discuss this right now."

"But I do." His answer is immediate. "Think about the future Hermes. The chance you have is one of the rarest."

"And I don't want it."

Perhaps I do, but I lowkey don't care. I won't lose my time in this while I could be in the flat in my bed or studying.

"You do. Don't play like I'm dumb, I know you do. You wouldn't have stayed when I started otherwise."