FIRST PART : SILENT SOULS Chapter 1

LENNON

Saturday 16 May 2020, London, United Kingdom, 7:09 AM

I redirect the camera in front of me, now filming the path. It must be eight degrees right now. Or maybe less, but what is sure is that there isn't a single ray of sunshine. It's just clouds. And it's quite dark, nearly black. Dark grey.

Hermes appears to be thinking, since he stares directly in front of him. I don't even know if he pays attention to where he's going.

My stomach drops as I notice the black screen. My camera just stopped filming. Shit. Why do I never think about charging it before leaving?

I shut it and concentrate on where I'm going. It's a good thing wewent now rather than later in the morning, as it was originally planned. There is no one here. It's also calm and quiet, I love that. I wish we could do that every day, just the two of us.

"Hermes," I finally decide to speak.

He looks at me, informing me that he's listening.

"I'm starting to get bored."

"What do you mean?"

"We're only the two of us and it's great but it's boring. Even if we do activities sometimes and all but I don't know, I'm just bored. Nothing's happening."

"You want roommates?" He affirms.

"Yeah. You don't?"

"I don't know, sometimes people just don't get along. And it's often what happens in flats. I don't wanna complicate the situation."

"Yeah, but what if we get along. Imagine we're so close with them and we live a lot of things. Like we do parties together, or I don't know. OH! Imagine we go to a restaurant and drink together and remember the memories of happy things that happened!"

"Yeah-yeah but it's a little unrealistic. It often doesn't turn out like this." He says.

APRIL

Saturday 16 May 2020, London, United Kingdom, 11:58 PM

                I try to reach the guy, to stop him.

I try to grab the knife from where I am, but instead, I grab the lame and blood is now running down my hand.

"Fuck..." I murmur.

Fuck Emmett. Seriously. All of this is his fault.

"This is Chaos. C'est la merde putain." I hear Daph swear, next to me.

This is not really the word I would use.

"Oh no, we've been through worse than...this."

"It can't be worse." She declares.

"Oh of course it can, give me a minute," I say, dropping the knife and sweeping the table causing some bottles to fall and smash into pieces. "See?"

We don't have anything else to lose at this point.

"Seriously what the fuck..." She gives me an annoyed look.

The loud music is starting to hurt my ears.

Emmett is fucking sick. He didn't even tell us, and there is not even enough space to plan a party like this.

We continue walking until we find Emmett, at the low table, bending over.

You gotta be kidding me.

Is he truly doing what I believe he is doing?

I approach him, sweeping away the powder.