001. THE PILOT.

▎ IN MY HEART     ▎
➳ ━━━   act one. RESTLESS
CHAPTER ONE ━━ the pilot

𓆩♡𓆪  ┊ 𝕮elaena Gilbert was standing in the kitchen of her family's house when she grabbed a piece of mango and took a bite of it

𓆩♡𓆪  ┊ 𝕮elaena Gilbert was standing in the kitchen of her family's house when she grabbed a piece of mango and took a bite of it. It had been a long summer.

Her parents, Grayson and Miranda Gilbert's car had driven off a bridge at the start of the summer, and Celaena, who had been off in the deployment on a mission had to rush home.

Since she was off on deployment while her parents passed away, she didn't get to finish high school cause she wanted to start training, and somehow with her dad's help he managed to convince his best friend he had during high school to give her a chance to go into boot camp at age seventeen years old. She didn't get to finish her junior year of high school so she decided to take a break from the military and go back home to make sure her little Jeremy was okay.

She knew she had no problem having their Aunt Jenna taking care of her siblings. Even though the judge wanted to give custody to Celaena, she thought it was a better idea for her Aunt Jenna since she wouldn't be home as much with everything going on in her military life.

Celaena would be forever thankful for her aunt.

"Toast," Jenna said, knocking the brunette out of her thoughts. "I can make toast."

Elena walked into the room, grabbed the mug next to her older sister, and poured coffee. The younger doppelgänger bitch smiled and said, "It's all about the coffee, Aunt Jenna."

"Is there coffee?" Jeremy Gilbert asked as he walked into the room. He smiled at Celaena, saying, "Hey, bubs."

"It's your first day of school and I'm totally unprepared," Jenna stressed as she started to go through her purse.

Celaena simply handed her wallet, and Jenna hugged her tightly in thanks before turning to the two high schoolers. "Lunch money?"

Elena shook her head, saying, "I'm good."

Jeremy took the money, but Celaena walked over to him and took it from his hand, immediately knowing that he'd use it to get drugs. He sighed, yet was happy that his older sister was being held her place as a sibling. Before walking over to the safety box and pinning the code before opening the safe door grabbing a gun she had with bulls made out of wood before closing the door.

She turned around to see her Aunt and siblings were looking at her with a confusing look. She shook her head.

"Anything else?" Jenna asked, "A number two pencil? What am I missing?"

"Your appointment," Celaena reminded her.

The panicked look returned to Jenna's eyes and she looked at her watch, saying, "I'm meeting with my thesis advisor at... now!"