She returned to her rooms. Her heart beat wildly with happiness. She reached for her bag, but someone grabbed her hand and pulled it away. She fought, but he was stronger in hand-to-hand combat. She didn't expect it. The prince pushed her against the wall. He pulled the hair stick out of her hair. Her hair fell loosely to her shoulders. He held her own weapon to her neck.

"Going somewhere, little goddess?"

"It's none of your business, little prince," she gave him a murderous look.

"I'm afraid you're not going anywhere," Ciaran told her.

Amaya laughed lightly to herself. "You really think that just because I have my own hair stick on my neck?" she took a step towards him.

Ciaran immediately pinned her back against the wall. Amaya smirked. There was strength in him, but he was insecure. She felt hesitation in his grip.

"Do you think I won't hurt you if I have to?" he answered her question.

"You won't hurt me because you need me," Amaya said.

"I won't kill you because I need you but I can hurt you though," Ciaran reurned her wicked smile.

"In that case, I'm afraid we've reached an impasse, Your Highness," Amaya said.

She ran her finger gently over his chest. She wandered down it lower and lower. The prince's eyes followed her. His eyes fell on her dagger. She pointed it at his nether parts. He looked back at her. A mischievous smile graced her lips.

Amaya gave him a daring look. "Who do you think will fare worse?" she told him.

Amaya cut the prince on the inner thigh. It wasn't a deep wound that would kill him, but it was deep enough for him to remember not to go near her ever again. The prince pulled away sharply. He grunted in pain. He accidentally cut Amaya on the neck with a rapid movement. She caught a wound. She felt blood on her hand. She looked at the prince and kicked him to the ground. He hit the floor hard with a thud. He remained lying down. He looked at her. He fixed his bewitching gaze on her.

Now she could run away. If she wanted to escape, she had to be fast. Her eyes wandered from the door to the prince. For some strange reason, she hesitated. Her eyes fell on the prince's wound and the pool of blood forming on the floor. Apparently, the wound was deeper than she thought. She cut deeper than she wanted.

And so she did a stupid thing that she blamed herself for, but she did it anyway.

She suppressed the voice in her head that told her to run and get out of her prison and went help the prince.

"I'll call the doctor. It's deep." Amaya said walking towards the door.

"Wait!" the prince stopped her.

"I won't run away," she assured him.

"We're being followed, have you forgotten?" Ciaran told her. "If word gets to my father that you tried to kill me, things won't go well for you."

"I didn't try to kill you," she countered his accusation.

"The King's guard isn't exactly in love with you, so you think they won't lie?"

Amaya let out an annoyed sigh. She knelt down to the prince. Ciaran pushed her hair back from her neck. He examined the place where the wound should have been. He saw blood there, but there was not even a scratch. He looked at her in confusion.

"I'm sure you..." he was at a loss for words.

"Maybe you're wrong," Amaya told him.

"No, I cut you." he was sure.