The Funeral

"Miss Evans" he said darkly.

"Take a seat"

I sit down studying him. His eyes has lost that usual sparkle and hint of amusement that's always there and he seems to have aged 10 years. This can't be good. We sit there I'm silence until

"Today your home was attacked by death eaters" he said his voice shaking for the first time since I've known him.

No, no this can't be happing I thought. No.

"Your parents did not come out of it Alive. I'm sorry. There dead. Your sister was at her boyfriends house at the time and did not experienced the attack. She is shaken, but alive. You will leave today being a Monday and the funeral it is on Saturday you will get the week off excused from your work" he tells me solemnly.

Tears streaming down my face. My parents dead. No, no.

I run out and into my heads dorm seeking only one persons company.

"Hey bab... He stops as he sees me. He comforts me as we cuddle on the couch. "What's wrong Lilly?" He asks while he is playing with my hair.

"My....parents.... dead...death ....eaters" I manage to choke out. We just lie there. After I calm down a bit I turn. "I'm leaving for the funeral. Can you come with me?" I ask him.

"Don't even need to ask. I'll brake out if I have to" he tells me in an attempt to lighten the mood. I give a half hearted chuckle. We make our way back to the headmasters office.

"Miss Evans, and Mr Potter. Yes you can go with her. You will be flooing to your sisters flat. I've arranged it with her and she'll be expecting you" he told us." I grab some floo powder and he does too. We both land in my sisters flat.

As usual everything super clean and neat. She hates anything out of order.

We walked in. "Hi Petunia" I say walking in attempting to hug her. She very unwillingly hugs me back. "Hello Lily. Who's this?" She asks.

"James. James Potter. I'm Lily's boyfriend" James tells her. She curtly nods.

We sit down at the kitchen table and she brings both of us a cup of tea.

"Their funeral" her voice cracked "is to be held this Saturday starting at 1PM" she tells us. We both nod. She walks out of the room.

"She seems..." James trails off "very professional like" he finishes. That's a nice way to put it I think.

"She's not one for a lot of emotion" I tell him. "Not to me anyways." I add

She comes back in holding a envelope.

"This morning the executor of our parents will dropped this off" she says "I have decided not too look through it because I was waiting for you. Let's see" she says staring to read it. It says...

"The last will and testament of Steve and Daisy Evans. We leave our house and all of our money to split between our two daughters Petunia Claire Evans and Lily Marie Evans." (guys I've never read a will so let's skip this part)

"So Lily your room is first door down there on the right. I'm sorry I didn't know you'd bring anyone so I don't have a extra room" she says looking at James.

"It's alright I'll sleep on the floor in Lily's room" he says.

We go in to the room and settle in. Its 8Pm after we eat dinner. "It's a big bed. We can share it if you want" she says stifling sobs. We sit down on the bed and get under the covers and I stroke her hair as we cuddle. "Only if you're comfortable with that" he replies. We stay like that and I finally falls asleep.

The next few days pass in a blur. Petunia's boyfriend Vernon joins us and he's very rude and very dull but I don't say anything to keep the peace. I don't think I would have survived this past week without James. He's been so sweet and supportive.

Finally it's Saturday. We drive to a small church and take our seats. Petunia is wearing a long black dress that has sleeves down to her elbows and the neckline up to her neck. I'm wearing a black dress that goes down just passed my knees with cap sleeves. Vernon and James are both wearing a muggle suit.

James wanted to wear a bow tie because apperantaly bow ties are 'cool' but I wouldn't let him.

"Friends and family" the minister starts "we are here today to recognize the loss of Steve and Daisy Evans. They had a good life but I was taken away from them to soon. They were good people who this shouldn't have happened to. Now I would like to call up there two daughters who have prepared a few words. Petunia and I both go up there I talk first.

"My parents were some of the best people I know. I went away to a boarding school and I didn't spend nearly as much time with them as I should've. They didn't deserve this. I love then and they will always be with us" I say motioning to my sister and I "in here" I say pointing to my heart. "I hope my parents are happy up there and I hope they'll always be watching over us. I love you mom and dad" I say looking up to the sky. I quickly wipe my tears and return to my seat next to James.

"Very much like Lily said they will be sorely missed. They were always there for me through everything and this is unfair. I loved both of them and hope that they would be proud of us" she says returning to her seat.

After the service we go to the reception. Lots of tears were shed and everyone was in a somber mood when we got home.

Me and James went to bed and he was my shoulder to cry on and I cried late into the night with him just being there. Being in his presence is just so relaxing and makes me feel warm and safe.

I think I might be falling in love with him. That's my last thought before I fall asleep.