The Bet Part 2

Lilly POV

"But oh dear Lillyflower what would you say about a bet?"

"A bet?" I asked him with disgust but I couldn't keep curiosity out of my voice no matter how hard I tried. I of course wanted to say no but curiosity won out. "What's the conditions? What's the bet? What do I get if I win? What do I have to do if I lose?" I had asked him really fast my voice shaking.

"The bet is quite intriguing. Me and you go on a date to Hogsmade. If you like it and accept another date with me then you have to kiss me for 5 minutes" he told me. Kiss him for 5minutes? I thought. He must be out of his mind. He must if sensed my outrage because he quickly added

"but
" he started to say.

"But what" I snapped.

"If I lose and you don't have a good time and you reject another date from me then I won't talk to you from now until after Easter brake. I won't talk to you, acknowledge your presence, and won't ask you out. And I'll stop hexing everyone just for the fun of it. Will everyone but the Slytherins. But only the slytherins 5th year and up. I'll stop hexing everyone from year 1-4 including slytherins."

One thought went through my head. What. "Ok so if I say yes to another date you get to kiss me. But if I say no then you don't get to talk to me till after Easter. And you will only hex 5th 6th and 7th year slytherins?" I asked wanting to get every detail right.

"Yes that's correct" he said with a lopsided grin and he started messing up his hair.

"How long so I have to think about this?" I asked before I could stop myself.

"Till the night of the 6th. One day before we go. Please think over what i said" he told me and with that he strutted off to his room leaving me sitting there stunned.

It was the next morning. Monday the 2nd. I had only till Friday to give him my answer. Thank god me and Alice and Marlene all had a spare so we went up to the head common room. Except it didn't really help. I told them every thing that happened the night before. "And he said I have until the 6th to tell him if I want to accept or decline" I finished.

"We'll you know what you have to do"

"Yes" cried Alice while Marlene cried "no" at the exact same time. Marlene looked at Alice. "You think this is a good idea. You know how ever much you try to deny it, James is charming and he will win."

"Not if Lilly is on her guard and makes sure to say no. Then she can have a James free year. For the most part" Alice countered but I have a feeling there was more to it then that.

I think Alice secretly thought that me and James would be cute together and I I went on a date with him then I'd end up falling for him.

"I don't know. James is charming and what if I slip up and have to kiss him? Uuuugh kissing him would be so bad. Or what if worse. What if I actually enjoyed the date? But also what if I say no. 6 or 7 months without James constant pestering me would be pure bliss" I added

"Whatever you decide make sure it's what you want" Marlene said. "Oh let's go" she adde checking her watch. We have DADA (Defense Against the Dark Arts) next." And with that she ran out of the common room me and Alice on her tail.

"Ok class" Professor Mandy started "Today we will be practicing the Patronus charm. Any one knows what it is and what it does?" To no ones surprise I put up my hand. "Yes Miss Evans?"

"Well Professor the Patronus charm makes a charm that can ward off dementors. It's pure silver and usually in the form of an animal. You can cast it by thinking of a very happy, very powerful memory, then saying the incantation Expecto Patronum." I had said.

"Yes very good 50 points to Gryfindor. Now I don't expect you to do it your first time. This is VERY complicated magic. Now Off to work" she told us.

By the end of the class no one had made a corpeal Patronus but I was the only one to produce a silver whisp. And earned another 20 points for Gryfindor. "Class is ending, now, I want everyone to write a 8 inch essay on which memory you chose and why. Also practice the charm. You're dismissed" she said just as the bell rang.

We all made our way down to potions. It was one of my favorite. We'll this and charms. "Ah miss Evans how lovely to see you" said professor Slughorn. He had a group of favorites in the "slug club." Usually I'm against favoriting by teachers but I was muggle born and he had lots of connections so I needed to use him. I felt bad but I didn't have a lot of money and I wasn't in a old wizarding family so I had to use anything I could.

"Hello professor" I replied back with a big smile. "When are we having another party? I just can't wait. Your parties are always a delight!" The lie I just told stung but he didn't seem to notice.

"Oh we're having one the week after next. I wanted to have one this week but it's a hogsmade trip. Can't wait to have my star pupil." I blushed at the praise and took my seat.

It was now the 6th at 5:00. I was walking the corridor aimlessly lost in thought. I had only a couple of hours and I still hadn't made up my mind about Potters bet. I know I'd have to give him a answer really soon. I just bumped into someone "oh I'm so" I started to apologize but then I saw who
I bumped into.

The devil himself "sorry" I finished in a flat voice with no emotion.

"No problem my Lillyflower" he said not noticing my voice "so did you come up with an answer to my little proposition?" He asked.

"Fine I'll do it" I told him before I even knew what I was saying.

"Great Evans see you tomorrow" and with that he strutted out of the corridor before I could change my mind.

I had a date with James Bloody Potter. Uuugggggh. I went back to the heads common room up to my room went to the enchanted window and said hurricane. Suddenly that was the scene.

It described how I felt right now. Everything inside felt like it was swirling just like an hurricane. I went to sleep. I had a dream. I had a really good date with James. He was kind and sweet. Then we kissed and I woke up. My head was spinning. Why'd I have that dream? I asked myself. There was one bad thing about my dream.

I liked it.

Hey I'm up to 40 reads so thanks! On Sunday night as promised. I'm starting the next chapter tonight but I don't think I will finish it. The next one will be writing the date 2 times one from Lilly's and one from James perspectives. leave comments and tell me if you like it or what you would like to see. I'm sorry about the DADA part. It seemed pointless but I saw a Headcannon on Pintrest that was sweet and I was gonna use it so that scene set up for future use. And comment for who you think will win the bet and who you want to because I still don't know who will win.
Oh and disclamer all goes to the goddess of writing. JK Rowling.
Signing off (for now)

The Bet of JillyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara