The Bet

James POV

"Everyone 2nd year and up on these carriages please" yelled out the sweetest voice ever. Why? I asked myself. I needed to get her this year. If not then I would end up forever alone. She's perfect. My one true love. "Potter" she called "a little help?" She demanded.

"Right let's get you lot on." I told them. When everyone was on me and Lilly took the last carriage up. Everyone was sitting at their house tables but the scared and wet looking first years. Everyone was looking at the hat then the hat broke into a song

"Hundreds of years before, you were even born, 4 young sorcerers witnessed something of an accident. They released that if the young who study the magical arts did not have proper training, that something worse something such as demolishing a entire civilization. Those 4 founders built this wall this school, and decided to teach for each got a house, ones that ought to keep. Ravenclaw was the wisest and valued knowledge beyond the rest. Gryfindor was the daring one and alway took the bravest of the best, hufflepuff was kind and sweet and treated everyone with respect, Slythrin was cunning and would use any means to achieve their ends. I may not be the prettiest or the newest fashion but I am old, I'm the smartest, I keep to tradition so let the sorting now commence."

Noise had filled the hall.
"First years when I call your name please step up and put the hat on." Professor McGonagall had called out
I tuned out for the sorting
Dumbledore got up about to make his beginning of the year speech. This should be good. It's always good.

"Hello my fellow students! So lovely to see all of you here and to pretend you remember what you learned last year. Now Mr Flich would like me to remind you that all Zonko products are not to be used" his eyes twinkled looking over at me and the other Mauraders. "And the forbidden forest is out of bounds to all students. Now I know your all hungry so tuck in" and with his words a magnificent feast appeared on the table.

I looked over at my friends and mouthed "ready?" Sirius just nodded and all 4 of us all used spells and all of the slytherins hair went bright pink and yellow. All of there robes now said slimey not Slythrin and pimples started braking out on their faces. Everyone was howling with laughter and everyone knew it was us.

The Mauraders had pulled a prank every single year on the first day since our second year. I glanced over and Lilly looked like she was trying to be mad but was concealing a small smile. I charmed her food to say Will you go out with me?-J

"No Potter" she exclaimed. Then proceeded to throw pumpkin juice in my face and went to sit with Alice Marlene and Molly.

"Bad luck Prongsi" padfoot had told me.

We went to bed after the feast. Me and Lilly walked up to the head dormitory and asked the painting "what's the password?"

"Don't know you two get to make it up" the painting replied back

I cut Lilly off before she could say anything "Lilly Flower is the password" with that she opened up and I stepped through.

"Seriously Pott" she stopped and gasped.

It looked exactly like the Gryfindor common room and but more special almost. "Wow this is wow" Lilly was stunned and so was I.

"Night Lilly" I said and headed upstairs. My room had a king sized bed with a gold frame. I put up some posters and went to the window.

There was a note that said say a certain type of scenery it was bizarre but I said "Beach at sun set". Instantly there was a beautiful sun set set over a beach. "Wicked" I exclaimed. I played with this for a few minutes then took the cloak and went Down to meet Wormtail, and Padfoot. Tonight unfortunately was the full moon and that meant Moony was turning into a Werwolf.

I went out and turned into my animugaus a stag Peter a rat and Sirius a big black dog. We figured out Remus "furry little problem" in second year and succeeded in changing in our 5th.

The next morning we were exhausted but we took extra notes for Lupin for when he recovered. Of course with our reputation everyone figured we stayed up late pulling some stupid prank or snuck around the school. One thought consumed me the whole day.

Of course it was Lilly. Damn I was head over for that girl. And suddenly I came up with a plan. One thing I've never tried. A bet. Perfect.

The next day in our common room I shoved out the other mauraders. I was allowed to give them the password if Lilly could give it to Alice, Marlene, and Molly.

When Lilly walked in she say down on the couch across from me and started on her Essay for charms. Here goes nothing.

"Lilly" I said. She looked up startled.

"What Potter" she retorted back. God she was so cute when she was angry.

"Will as you know this years first hogsmade trip is in Sept on the 7th and I would like to go with you"

"Tough luck Potter no" she told me.

"But oh dear Lillyflower what would you say about a bet?"

Hey everyone sorry I know I said I'd get to the bet but I just loved this cliffhanger. JK I'm not sorry. Oh and disclaimer JK Rowlings work. And I'm not her cause I'd be in a beach enjoying my money if I was. Next chapter should be up by Sunday. But Tomorrow I have a friends birthday and school, then on Saturday I'm volunteering and I'm hanging out with a friend so I'm really busy. Now signing off goodbye and goodnight.