The Time the Toerag Turned Not So Toeraggede

I had fallen asleep. I had a dream I had a really good date with James. He was really sweet and kind. Then we kissed. I woke up with my head spinning. Why'd I have that dream I asked myself?

There was one bad thing about this dream.

I liked it.

I got up and had put on a dark green tee with dark blue jeans and a star necklace. I did my hair magically and went down to the common room. I saw Potter standing there. He actually managed to tame his hair.

It totally didn't suit him. "You look really nice" he said with a genuine smile not a cocky one. "Thanks" I replied back well I walked towards him and I messed his hair up.

I didn't meant to it just his hair looked so dreamy what no you can't think that. "Sorry it looked way to neat and out of place" I tried to play it off cool.

I saw him nodding his head like he agreed.

"Ready to go?" he asked and stuck out his arm. I took it. Oh god there was so much muscle. No Lilly focus you're not suppose to have a good time I chided myself.

We walked down in not one word. There was so much tension you could slice it with a knife.

"So what do your parents do?" He asked trying to make small talk. "My dad's a car salesman. You know what a car is right?" I asked him not sure how much pure bloods new about muggle devices. He nodded so I continued "and my mom is a florist. You know arranging flowers. That's how Petunia and I got our names" I finished but the felt sad. Petunia had saw the letter I wrote to Remus about Vernon being a pig and we got into one of our worse fights yet.

"Hey what's wrong?" James had asked me in concern. "It's my sister Petunia. She's always been jealous of me that I'm a witch and is always calling me a freak. I used to hang out with Sev" he turned very tense as I said his name "and he would always make me feel better but we're not really friends anymore so I have to deal with these insults all on my own." And tears started welling up in my eyes and I lost it.

My ruined relation ship with my best friend and my sister and I started to cry.

"Hey it's OK" he told her while he wiped the tears off my cheeks. Great now he thinks I'm weak I don't need pity I thought. I put my head into his chest for a few seconds then got up.

"I'm sorry. I bet you don't want to hear about my wreaked life. You must think I'm messed up or a coward for not being able to take these insults" I told him but I didn't realise I said that out loud. I couldn't believe it.

A coward was the worst insult then any swear word to anyone in Gryfindor. It means that your not worthy of your house title. Maybe thats what I am I thought.

"Hey" he put his hands on my shoulders and turned me to him pulling me out of my thoughts. "You're not a coward. You understand? She's your sister and you love her and with any one who you love it's hard to take insults. You're very strong and independent and brave. Don't ever put yourself down. You're the brightest witch in our year and you deserve nothing but love and respect." He told me.

Maybe there was more to James Potter then I originally thought. "We'll that was quite a speech there Potter. Maybe you're not as bad as I thought." I said and gave a half hearted laugh

"Want to go to Honey Dukes?" I asked him. "sure lets go" he said. We started talking about everything and he told me his favorite color was the same shade of green as my eyes. When he said that he flinched as though I was going to hit him. He didn't think I was that mean? did he? Instead I just laughed and he smiled like he was truley happy.

He bought me every sweet you could imagine. I said I could pay for myself but he said that girls should not have to pay for themselves on dates. He also said his family had quite a bit of money. He was a old wizarding family so I believed him.