He stumbled backwards into the remains of the fallen King, one of the strongest Monsters who he'd murdered successfully countless times with no issue, before staring at the arm and knife that had landed nearby. He stood there, breath quickening as his mind raced for any logical reasoning for what was going on. It wasn't that he was scared of Nightmare or what he'd just done, it was more-so that he'd done it with the same amount of effort as Killer would use to kill just about anyone below the Surface.

He was forced back to reality as a black, sludged hand picked up his knife. His weapon. His-

"What is it that you Sanses always say? Something about flowers being in bloom and children burning in Hell, is it?" Nightmare hummed, examining the knife in his hands.

He could always continue the fight with his magic, but there was also a possibility that Nightmare's magic far surpassed his own. What did Nightmare want, anyway? To stop his genocide? To be the Underground's hero?

"Heh, it'll take a lot more.. than that.. if you wanna stop me from doin' these runs.. I got this thing called a Reset button-" he pulled up the button next to him "-it'll reset your memory of this happening at all.. and I'll.. I'll.. I'll find out more about you before our next fight," he declared through heavy breaths, trying not to show any signs that he was in pain.

Nightmare blinked slowly in response before walking over to the Reset button, spinning Killer's knife around in his hand mockingly.

He clicked it, and everything around them had reverted back to the regular state.

Killer looked around at all of the Monsters who were going about their own business. Some shopping, some talking, some sitting in silence doing nothing.. It was normal. Too normal.

Killer pulled out his knife.

..

Nothing happened.

He looked down at his hand where his knife was supposed to be, before realising that he didn't have it. A slight panic started to set in as he stood up and looked around for any sign of Nightmare, to no avail. This formidable opponent of his had seemingly passed the boundaries of a Reset and stolen his knife, though he was really only concerned about one of those things.

A hand touched his shoulder.

"Boo."

He internally jumped before turning around and punching whoever had managed to sneak up on him.. only to find Nightmare standing in front of him, Killer's hand in the left section of what could be seen as his skull.

"C'mon.. can't stab you, can't punch you.. what can I do to you?!" Killer yelled, obviously irritated by the whole ordeal.

"You could always sit down and, oh I'm not sure, listen to what I have to say. Or are you incapable of keeping your impulses in check?" Nightmare replied through gritted teeth, his tentacles flaring about aggressively as he grabbed Killer's wrist.

Killer thought about it for a few moments, but it truly was only a few. He teleported away into a nearby house to grab a knife, but before he could grab one he was intercepted by Nightmare latching onto his skull with a tentacle. There was a split second as Killer regretted his choice to teleport away, but he didn't have time to focus on it as Nightmare smashed his skull into the countertop repeatedly, yelling profanities at the skeleton who was slowly losing consciousness.

"You insufferable-"

bang

"-miserable-"

bang

"-replaceable-"

bang

"-disrespectful-"

crack