5. The Man

Oberyn was sure that he started to have deliriums. There was no possibility that he actually saw Vaenera Greyjoy's face in the bushes spying on him and Cersei Lannister.

Yet, the blood that he found on the leaves told a diffrent story. 

She really was here just a few minutes ago when him and Cersei were walking down through the main alley. He looked at the place from this perspective and couldn't help but to be full of admiration. If she didn't hurt herself they would never knew she was there. Her navy hair melted with the branches and only thing that told him who it was were her eyes. 

Oberyn could still feel the shivers that came down to his spine when he realised who was waching them. Those blue eyes with yellow spots...

He wondered how much she heard from their conversation. Probably the most of it but that was not something that concerned him. What was more disturbing was that he didn't really know who Vaenera Greyjoy really was. 

The day when he met her on the streets of Flea Bottom he didn't think much of her presence there. He just assumed that she had sneak out of the Red Keep in order to have fun, buy some fake jewelry or even fuck some boys on girls depending on the taste. 

But now...

Now he saw that she really was a prisoner in the Red Keep. A bargaining chip and as much as he hated that words- a brood mare used by Tywin Lannister to ensure the survival of his bloodline. 

What was she doing there in the first place since she was in the presence of guards all the time?

How could she escape so easily? She looked like she knew what she was doing out there. It definately wasn't her first time. 

And he didn't even want to open up the things that happened on the wedding. And now she was eavesdropping. 

Oberyn heard what they did to her twin brother Theon. But that was a fairly recent case. And when they met in Flea Bottom she looked like she knew exactly what she was doing. 

Like she was doing it for years. 

Prince of Dorne also remembered how she saved Sansa's Stark life at a wedding. She looked like she cared deeply for Tyrion's wife. He had a feeling that the Starks weren't the case. 

Oberyn's mind went back a few years into the past. He remembered the reason why the Greyjoy twins were sent North in the first place.

The Greyjoy rebellion. 

A sudden feeling of discovering something struck him. He was somewhere in the Free Cities when this happened but he knew that his brother Doran was highly interested in the flow of events. 

It took Oberyn a while to understand why his brother was so much involved in it but a name appeared in his mind. 

Malena Tyrell.

His mind went another few years into the past when he was just a boy of maybe four five years. 

Him, Doran and their father traveled to Highgarden in order to confirm the engagement between his brother and Malena Tyrell. He recalled the sight of a woman who in the future was to be Vaenera's mother. He cursed under his breath. How could he not realised that sooner? She had the same smile as her daughter and the same eyes. Only her hair were light like sun. He remembered that she had sneak out a portion of extra biscuits. He was really disappointed back then when they went back to Sunspear only to to find out a few days later that Malena left her familly and married Balon Greyjoy.