EC 62: As Chaos Descends

Start from the beginning

"Mykel already finished the thing we needed him to do so now we will be returning to Ceurian so I want to have dinner with you before we leave." She was saying all of this with a smile on her face but Xander was not feeling happy at all. He had asked so many times if everything was alright at Ceurian whenever he called to check up on them. He was aware of the problems with those rogues but ever since he left, he had no way of knowing how everything was going on in Ceurian.

"Okay, I'll let Lillian reserve a table for us." Both of them left the office, Xander spoke to Lillian first before they left the building. "Would you like to walk around for a bit?" he asked to make the atmosphere around them a bit relaxed before they go for dinner.

"Let's go," she then walked forward followed by Xander. They went and look around where Xander bought gifts for Amber and for the others in the pack house. She refused at first but he was insistent so she had no choice but to accept his gifts. He also specially picked out many things for the children that he thought they would enjoy.

Amber knew that Xander doesn't lack money but seeing him buy all those things without blinking was impressive but a little bit concerning too. "Do you usually spend money like this?" she asked after one more item was placed on the shopping cart.

Xander looked at her then he understood the meaning behind her words and he laughed, "Don't worry, I don't spend money like this every day. I'm a thrifty person."

Amber could only lift an eyebrow but Xander only shrugged his shoulders and picked one more toy to put in the shopping cart. After that, she remained silent and watched as Xander picked out more things. They ended up with five carts which amounted to a large sum but he was not surprised at the amount and just paid it directly.

After that, Lillian messaged Xander the address of the restaurant that she booked for them. Xander drove to the place and saw that it was a luxurious French restaurant where he had never been before.

"I didn't know that you have this kind of taste," Amber commented after they were seated on the private booth that Lillian had reserved.

He could only sigh and shook his head, "It's my secretary. She has the tendency to go overboard sometimes since I don't like spending that much money on things like this but since you are with me, I don't mind entering a luxurious place like this."

"I could see that. You are very different from other wealthy people I have met. All they wanted were extravagance but you on the other hand don't care about those kinds of things instead you like spending money on other things." She teased but in reality this was one of the things she liked about her mate. He was not a snob nor haughty because of his status in human society and he did not try to brag about that during his stay in the pack. He was actually amiable and her pack members had finally accepted him as a part of their pack even though she did not introduce him as her mate yet, officially.

"That is all thanks to our parents." A fond smile appeared on his face at the memory of their parents that flashed in his mind. "Did you finally solve the problem with those rogues?" he changed the topic instead since he was not ready to talk about his parents yet.

"Not yet, that was the reason why we went to see the mayor but you don't have to worry too much because we can handle it. Focus on your project instead." She casually brushed of the question so Xander knew that she did not want to talk about it.

Since the topic was cut off, they then continued with the plan of having dinner together wherein there was no conversation about the pack came up again.

"How did it go?" that deep voice sounded once again in the empty room.

"We have already commanded to commence the attack. There should be no problem since the special unit arranged to investigate us were not able to find anything useful for now so we can proceed as planned." The person kneeling before him answered in a casual tone.

"It seems that Alpha de Lune visited Mayor Mykel and is currently in Cartnan," he started then he drank some wine while waiting for the kneeling man to answer.

"Yes, it seems that she was there to ask the mayor for some information about vampires," they had been monitoring the alpha's movements ever since she stepped foot inside the city. Although it was a bit difficult, they still managed to know why the alpha had visited.

The man who had just drunk wine grinned, "They're faster than I thought but even so before they could reveal everything, every pack has been wiped out. It's such a pity that they will be too late."

"Are we going to let them keep those files?" the servant asked. Even though his master was sure that they won't be able to do anything, it was still important for them to conceal their identities longer so as not to expose them and hinder their plans.

"Let them be," he waved his hand, "they won't be able to do anything even if they have that information. Besides we have an ace card that we can use against her in the future so no matter what she does to stop this, in the end she will be the one to be destroyed."

After the dinner, Amber invited Xander to their temporary residence and offered him some refreshment. "Since you are here, I want the elder to check your body and the 'darkness' inside it. You've already told me that you did not feel any discomfort but just to be careful, we will check."

Xander did not refuse so the checkup was done smoothly. The elder did not notice anything unusual so there was nothing to be worried about. Xander thanked the man and was glad that he was fine. He then subconsciously touched the part where the mark was imprinted after the checkup.

"As long as the Alpha's mark is in you, there would be no problem because the 'darkness' will remain dormant and would not cause you any problem." The Elder explained after he saw Xander's actions.

"I understand," he caressed his neck before avoiding the elder's gaze and when everything had been turning into an awkward silence a frantic knock sounded on the door.

"What's the matter?" Amber asked after opening to door only to see one of the warriors who were with them with wide eyes.

"Yulian, Yulian had been destroyed."